Missing Home.

landon55

Like the title says, I am missing home right now. I moved to Montana a year ago and this is the second Nebraska deer season I have missed. Don't get me wrong, I love living in Montana and enjoy hunting in the mountains. But hunting the river bottom on my family land will always be some of my best memories of hunting. With that being said I am so happy with my families success this year. First my younger brother shot this guy on opening morning.

My cousin shot this today.

My dad also shot this guy today.

My uncle got this nice buck on opening morning (Saturday 15, 2014) on our land.

I am jealous knowing they are just a 15 minute drive to our land. But that doesn't stop me from going out and enjoying my new home. I got this little guy about 2 weeks ago. It was my first ever mule deer and I really liked the dark color of the antlers.

I'd do the only logical thing - hunt both states as much as possible. I've never been to Nebraska, but I'm guessing MT has a wider variety of big game animals available, and I'm certain the trout fishing is better in MT. I can see why you miss home though with access to quality habitat and deer like you showed in the pics. Good luck on getting to know MT better every year you're blessed to be there.

Last edited:
Great bucks!! I know the feeling of being 'misplaced', but just remember it'll still be there whenever you can get back. They keep tipping over bucks like that I'm thinking I'd have to schedule a trip home every deer season.

Congrats on your buck.

Here's an idea - Hunt both places. Memories of hunting with family are priceless. You will never regret if you spend some days afield with them in NE or have them come to MT to share some days with you.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back