Minnesota guy looking for Colorado OTC archery partner

Toofdoc

Hey HT Nation,

May be a moonshot at this point of the game but I’m looking for a hunting partner from MN or western Wisconsin to go otc archery Colorado elk hunting. Hoping to share some costs but more importantly I’m looking for experience.

I’ve bow hunted whitetails plenty but I’m looking to give this elk thing a serious go.

I’m in south central MN. I’m 44 years old, married with 4 kids. I lift and run.

If interested, let’s chat and get a cup of coffee to see if we’re compatible.

Toofdoc- I live in Northern MN. 44 years old, married with a family. I've been hoping to find someone willing to hunt Colorado with yearly. This fall won't work however cause my brother has committed to spending a week exploring Colorado with me in September. We think we have a good plan but 50 other people might do the same thing. This will not be a yearly hunt for my brother cause he lives close to good elk hunting and can get resident tags. I should have a enough points to draw in Wyoming next year but if I have a good time in Colorado I will definitely want to go back in 2021. This would give us plenty of time to plan a hunt plus I will have had boots on the ground.

Definitely need to continue talking after the season is over. Good luck while you’re out there!

Anyone else up for going this year?

Looking for a 2021 Bowhunting DIY Wyoming Elk hunting partner for a general elk tag in units 90, 91, and 103.

I'm 41 will be 42 in when I go. I live in central Wisconsin. I went on a guided hunt out there in 2017 so I know the area. I was unsuccessful but learned a lot. Went on a guided rifle hunt in Southern Colorado last year and shot my first bull. I don't mind going the guided route but it would be nice to do this stuff on your own. My buddies always talk about wanting to go all the time but when I comes time to get things rolling they back out.

If anyone is interested we can talk some more

Hey HT Nation,

May be a moonshot at this point of the game but I’m looking for a hunting partner from MN or western Wisconsin to go otc archery Colorado elk hunting. Hoping to share some costs but more importantly I’m looking for experience.

I’ve bow hunted whitetails plenty but I’m looking to give this elk thing a serious go.

I am an experienced archery elk hunter, originally from MN, who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 18th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd
Quote Multi

I have a first season rifle tag this year, but would be interested in a future year. I live in the south metro and may hunt similar whitetail areas if you are in public land.

Hey HT Nation,

Did you find a partner? If not, are you cancelling your plans?
If interested, my ranch is surrounded on 3 sides by the vast Rio Grande National Forest. I was from Wisconsin till I moved here in 2010. Let me know if my horses & mules could be of service and help...

Couldn't find a partner. Guess I'm going solo this year. I am hunting unit 28 starting 9/7. Heading up tomorrow to check my trail cams. Hope all is well. PEACE

Too bad I couldn't find a willing partner. My trail cams from today!

Attachments

• 285739F6F3A248CE850831C5B5599C6C.jpg
    285739F6F3A248CE850831C5B5599C6C.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 93BC45B6697341DCA3069A5B3C7D47F7.jpg
    93BC45B6697341DCA3069A5B3C7D47F7.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 29
Did you find a partner? If not, are you cancelling your plans?
If interested, my ranch is surrounded on 3 sides by the vast Rio Grande National Forest. I was from Wisconsin till I moved here in 2010. Let me know if my horses & mules could be of service and help...
This honestly just made my day! Glad to see that there're still GREAT people!

I'm an hour outside of Denver if anyone wants a hunting partner for this year, my numbers 1 970 698 7200 we can text back and forth for a while but I have about 1600 acres to hunt every year that im normally the only one on

Hey buddy! I'm in Castle Rock but hunt in unit 28. Where are you at? Did you have any luck last year? Archery hunting? OTC?

Back