Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mini Kowa Spotter

Dieseldog

Has anyone used the Kowa mini spotter? Looking at adding one to the backpack to save some room and weight. Any info is appreciated.

If you talking about the 55mm version, then yes. I have used it side by side with my 65mm swaro sts. The kowa is a great light weight option if you counting ounces. I think it gives up a little bit to my STS in clarity to my STS especially on the upper end of the magnification range. Same with light gathering. That said for what it is and what it weights its great piece of glass. I cant see anything coming close at that weight. depending on what and where your using it I think its good addition.

I went with a TSN-553 after reading tons about them. I haven't got to put a lot of time behind it yet, but it doesn't disappoint. I upgraded from the Vortex 55mm and it was quite the upgrade. S&S archery did a few blog posts about it comparing it to 65's and it held its own even being smaller. The glass, weight, and quality for the price is what sold me on it. The larger glass will outperform, but its also heavier. I just need it to verify an animal is worth pursuing, not worried about counting inches at this point.

ive had one for 18 months and on 20x its comparable to my friends swaro,,at least i didnt see that much difference and the weight is minimal,,i use it a lot on my tahr hunts

The junior rifle team I used to coach had one and I tried it for Highpower. Was pretty impressive and I would have no qualms using it in the field.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back