Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Michigan Fancy deer hunting condos

Nightwolf

This is the Hunting condo my father and sister will be hunting out of this year. this is not uncommon in Michigan for hunting corn fields. they are pretty nice in shitty weather or the cold. it 7 x 7 on the inside. I however will be in the trusty old tree stand in the woods. we hunt about 40 acres total. about 20 of it is corn the other 20 is woods. Below are also pictures of the field we hunt. the one picture with out he corn in it is a back field that we couldn't see we at all from the condo on the ground. now with it up on stilits we can see deer that where normally slipping by through a low area. the other picture with the corn is of the front of the condo where to corn field is. in the fall that will be all harvested except for a little left for cover for the deer and browse for them to eat.

Attachments

• PICT0015_edited.JPG
    PICT0015_edited.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 668
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 691
  • PICT0042_edited.JPG
    PICT0042_edited.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 629
  • PICT0040.JPG
    PICT0040.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 559
  • PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 658
Nice bright color NIghtwolf. Looks comfy. I've seen some pretty elaborate ones here in Texas...most of the western guys here on the board call em 'shooting houses'...seems they don't like em. ;)

I think it's all a matter of taste, when I was growing up, some people despised hunting with dogs, some here hate road hunters, or others, factions against factions...

It would be far more condusive for our sport if we were less into the pissing matchs on whats ethical and work on more of whats legal, sticking together for the good of every one...

you said it best when we talked Russ. my Dad and my Granddad hunted the same exact spot for year still do in fact. they always had a condo there except it was on the ground. they always kill deer. not real big one casue reasons we talked about. like poaching etc.. so now they are able to put them on stilts that way they get a better view. my dad is in his 40's now. it's good for him plus may sisters are still learning so it works well. me i'll be doing the cha cha cha dance in a summit tree stand once it gets cold for the season this year. Oh yeah the color is so people see it if they decide to drive by during the season an shoot into our field without permisson.

Ted...

That will be a good set up then for your folks and family thats for sure...

Really good reason for the colors, and the deer don't care any way.. :)

Thanks Marv & Nightwolf...you're both killin' me. :eek: Not to mention the ammo those two prom queens Snicker & Stuffedbung are loading up on. :D

LOL... I think Marv was hinting or outright saying he isn't in his 40's just about a week or so ago... :eek: :D:D:D

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back