Michigan Antler Point Restrictions

Should there be mandatory APR

• Leave as is (State law)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Revert back to old limits

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not sure of the rules up there, but, here in Indiana we have been a "1 buck only" state for a few years and the amount of bigger, mature, bucks is at an all time high. We have very liberal doe harvest opportunities though. I'm not a fan of killing 10 does a year, but to each their own. I believe that if you are killing does in the late season . . .you are killing yourself out of potential twins/triplets and some of those are going to be bucks. I'm not a fan of the antler restriction at all, because a "trophy" is diffrent to everyone. . .I try to get my friends to hold out for mature bucks and most do. QDM only works if everyone on the adjacent properties is ALSO practicing it. Just my thoughts.

This is key. States like Iowa and Kansas only allow 1 buck for NR's. Kansas only allows 1 buck for Residents as well, not sure about Iowa. Compare that to states like Nebraska who allow 2 buck tags for everybody. Nebraska borders both Kansas and Iowa but does not have the reputation that those states have for big bucks. I believe it is because they allow everyone to shoot 2 bucks. Oklahoma has the same problem with 2 buck tags for everyone.

I see both sides of the coin on this one. But what gets me is that most guys want to shoot that big buck, but refuse to let little ones walk. There is always many hunters that seek public land adjacent to QDM to mooch of others hard work and yet shoot everything with a bone sticking out of it's head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back