Mescalero cow elk hunt

I'm guessing you will be required to hire a Tribe Member as a guide? I checked the Jicarilla a while back for a Bull hunt in Dulce, and they required a Tribal member to be a Guide, and I had no idea what that costs. Just wondering

Congrats on getting drawn. PM me later if you'd like some general info on hunting the res. I have a couple of buddies down here in TX that also drew that same hunt.

We have been drawn. We will make the most of it and learn form this. Ironically enough, you are not given a email confirmation or any confirmation other that "yes you were drawn". We booked our room already and we will make the most of it and hopefully get an cow elk or two. We are calling CPW today to try and get our application amended to only buy the points. I know this is more of a vacation and not exactly DIY, but we will make do. It is something my wife wanted to try, so as the saying goes, happy wife happy life. I really enjoyed the physical aspect of our excursions last year and even though we didn't kill anything, that is not why I hunt. Again, thank you to all on this forum and good luck to everyone this year.
We have been thinking about doing this hunt for the last couple of years. @plumber1969 How was your experience? Thanks for the update!

i am an old fart in nm ...ive hunted for many years for deer and elk in nm,co,and wy....im retired now and can afford to hunt places ive always wanted to hunt...mescalero would be at the bottom of my list ...find a landowner tag in the gila...they have gone from 6 to 8 and now probably 10...i love the lincoln forest...but if i wanted a really good bull i would go to the gila...and it might take more than one hunt

This is a meat hunt ( cow elk ). Hell no, to pay the fees for bull elk and an Apache guide. Guess that that is approaching $15000.
Cow elk is for meat, do not require guide, and they are expensive and extremely do able.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back