Mercari = Bad Business

elkduds

Never again will I do biz w Mercari. I bought a jacket from seller JenniferK. She posted a fraudulent picture of the item. Her ad copy was a flagrant misrepresentation of a poly-filled jacket as "800 fill power down." The second the jacket arrived I notified JenniferK and Mercari customer service of the problem and request for return/refund. Seller never responded. Mercari disregarded its stated return policy and denied my claim, after I sent them the original ad and pics of the jacket labels proving the ad was a lie and the seller was a fraud.

I paid w Paypal (kudos), who honored my claim for return/refund after I sent jacket to Mercari's Palo Alto CA address. PP refunded my original payment after telling me Mercari never responded to their request for info. I still took the hit for return shipping.

Mercari will not allow me to leave feedback for JenniferK. No wonder she has only 1 bad review out of over 400 transactions. Thus endeth my first and last Mercari transaction. I'm CCing this feedback to my personal and business emailboxes and suggest you do likewise.

I thought the whole thing seemed sketchy after seeing their commercials.

I have had good success with them for a few purchases. However, I think I may have gotten gyped! On Saturday I ordered some 12x50 Vortex Diamondback binoculars from a seller with good reviews. They accepted and the process started. About an hour later, Mercari sent me an email saying the “seller” canceled my order and they had issued a refund. I went to message the seller to see what was up and it says that Mercari canceled the seller!!!! All I can hope is that the binos show up in the mail and we can converse via USPS and handle payment that way!

Thanks for the advice. It seems I'm also a caveman since I'd never heard of Mercari before now.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back