Meopta riflescopes

GlockZ

Anyone ever use or has a Meopta riflescope they like? Was looking at one the other day, thought it was a nice scope, with good glass. Not that I have a need for one, (as of yet), but was just wondering if anyone uses one on a regular basis.

Meopta binos and spotters have a great reputation for punching above their weight (ie cost). I have a Meopta/Cabelas Instinct 4.5-14x and really like it. Great clarity and one of my favorite reticles out there. I don’t think you’d regret it much going with Meopta

I have a meopro 4-12x50 with just a regular duplex and I have no complaints. Good glass, holds zero, does everything I expect it to do.

Yes, I have two. In the same class as other European scopes. Like MOST(not all) European scopes they sacrifice adjustment range for optical quality and field of view. Adjustable rings and bases are more common in Europe. Be sure that the scope you’re looking at has enough adjustment for your purposes, or use bases and rings that can help you on that front.

I have one of mine in Burris Signature rings with adjustable inserts, and the other in Sako rings. In both cases I left the scope centered and adjusted the rings and bases to roughly sight in at 100yds before I touched the knobs.

I’ve read comments from guys here saying that tube diameter only impacts adjustment range, but not optical quality. That’s partially incorrect. US manufactures tend to use the same size erector tube regardless of the diameter of the main tube, thus increasing only the adjustment range. Adjustment range is a function of how much space the main tube has around the erector tube. When you increase the main tube diameter, you can increase the diameter of the lenses in the erector tube(which increases optical quality and/or field of view), you can increase adjustment range(leaving erector tube diameter alone) or you can do both. European manufacturers generally do not place much value on large adjustment ranges.

Last edited:
I have 2. A 3x9x42 with a #4 reticle and a 3x9x40 with a ballistic plex. Both have been used extensively and been solid performers. I would readily buy another if it was in a configuration I was looking for.

I’ve owned a few, and most of my current optics are Meopta. What specific scope are you looking at?

I want to echo what has been said - Meopta are amazing and really do punch well above their weight. The secret is somewhat out on them and I feel like their prices have started to reflect that. That being said, they still outperform their dollar for dollar counterparts.

I have owned and used a couple scopes and spotters. Also currently running the Cabelas HD Mepota binos. They are my go-to and outperformed my Leupold and Vortex at equal or more money.

I have Meopta binos and spotter and love them both. I ordered a Meopta Optika 6 rifle scope last year and ended up selling it...it seemed to be a great scope but was substantially heavier than Leupold, although the price was very good.

Also, if you are a veteran, contact Meopta for a sweet discount...take that percentage off the already very competitive prices and it's a steal.

I have a Meopro 3.5-10 RD that sits on my 7mm-08, and I am very pleased with the clarity and brightness.

Anyone ran the Optika 6 series? The Optika6 3-18x50 FFP seems to tick a lot of boxes that I'd like to have in my next scope. I run the Cabela's Instinct binos and love them, so interested to use more of Meopta's stuff.

I've heard of these Meopta scopes but never seen one. Had to go look. Question; doesn't anyone buy scope the down and out can afford? Damn those are expensive! I know for sure if I was to go looking for a new scope today the first thing I'd notice about anything I'd consider buying is the price. I'm not really cheap the thing is I'm not rich either and won't hock the house to buy a piece of hunting equipment! I'd question weather or not any high dollar scope is worth the prices they are asking unless maybe some kind of specialty scope. I have and still use a Bushnell Banner, bottom of the line scope, I've been using on a 25-06 for about 30 yrs now, why would I need to pay extra for a Scope Chief?

I've heard of these Meopta scopes but never seen one. Had to go look. Question; doesn't anyone buy scope the down and out can afford? Damn those are expensive! I know for sure if I was to go looking for a new scope today the first thing I'd notice about anything I'd consider buying is the price. I'm not really cheap the thing is I'm not rich either and won't hock the house to buy a piece of hunting equipment! I'd question weather or not any high dollar scope is worth the prices they are asking unless maybe some kind of specialty scope. I have and still use a Bushnell Banner, bottom of the line scope, I've been using on a 25-06 for about 30 yrs now, why would I need to pay extra for a Scope Chief?
Doesn’t sound like you need to pay extra for a fancy scope. Maybe some people are interested in scopes that can do more things than a 30 year old Bushnell can.

Doesn’t sound like you need to pay extra for a fancy scope. Maybe some people are interested in scopes that can do more things than a 30 year old Bushnell can.
Are new scopes more like a cell phone than a scope? Just what can the newer scope's do that old Bushnell can't do? I really have no clue. It seems to me that what a scope does is bring the target in seemingly closer, give a good reference aiming point and gather light in low light conditions. And I'm not a Big Bushnell fan, I do not go out looking at new Bushnell scope's but this one has worked very well for a long long time! I look through it on low power and can see well in any light I might hunt in. I have never shot it on 9x but then I don't have a scope I've shot on it's highest power! I think people's willingness to think they are getting something better by simply paying more is a point manufacturer's take advantage of. End of the day, all a scope really does is allow you to see better and aim better so you can hopefully shoot better.

Hold zero reliably, spin turrets, etc.
That old bottom of the line Banner has been holding zero right for longer than Meopta has been in business. You may need turret's and people that fancy themselves as long range hunter may find a use for them, I'm not one of them and don't think the op mentioned a need for that. A long range target shooter could definitely find a use. I think if people are willing to pay that kind of money so they can think they can see and shoot better those 200yd shot they get on game, more power to them. Their money and they are welcome to blow it any way they want! Seems I read somewhere a while back that the average shot on game is under 200 yds! I live in the west and I guarantee you where I live if I wanted to shoot game at 400+ yds I can easily find the shot's but I don't do that. Turret's? Great on a long range target rifle and even a sniping rifle!

I purchased mine on clearance for half price new in box. Right now, my local fleet farm has a nice Zeiss that was 999 for 450. I purchased a new Leupold rimfire last week for 80 dollars before tax. These are the deals I look for.

I’ve owned a few, and most of my current optics are Meopta. What specific scope are you looking at?
If I recall correctly it was an Optika 5 series. I just happened to come across them at a shop and checked it out. As I've stated, don't need a scope...yet.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back