MeatEater Season 8 - SPOILER ALERT

Jape

Binge watched it this weekend since I wasn’t hunting :rolleyes: There was some pretty good stuff. Didn’t know about the Sika deer on the east coast, and the Washington elk situation was definitely a bummer/relief. Wish there were a few more episodes.

Binge watched it this weekend since I wasn’t hunting :rolleyes: There was some pretty good stuff. Didn’t know about the Sika deer on the east coast, and the Washington elk situation was definitely a bummer/relief. Wish there were a few more episodes.
I did the same. I was let down with only eight episodes. I was also hoping for more variety in hunts but I'm not complaining.

Enjoyed the sika deer episode. I hunt them occasionally here so interesting to see them hunted elsewhere.

Had no idea there was a herd here so I really enjoyed that episode.

Enjoyed the sika deer episode. I hunt them occasionally here so interesting to see them hunted elsewhere.

Very different deer to the sika you guys have. Those things were half the size and generally only get 6 points i believe.

Sika in nz have been my favourite animal I've chased anywhere in the world thus far. Crafty buggers! Really must get back for them. Should tick off a chamois first though.

I didn't love this series as much as previous ones, the emphasis on showing how to cook wasn't there as much overall as previous ones I thought. I figured the last episode of just cooking in 7th season would be a staple going forward.

Very different deer to the sika you guys have. Those things were half the size and generally only get 6 points i believe.

Sika in nz have been my favourite animal I've chased anywhere in the world thus far. Crafty buggers! Really must get back for them. Should tick off a chamois first though.
Here’s a sika I got a few years ago. Very cool animal to hunt and this stag was a decent size.

9511CF63-77A4-42E7-A08F-28074C82AA18.jpeg

It just blows my mind that after all the animals Rinella has killed in his life, that he still gets the shakes and screws up shots. On the one hand, it's nice to know that he really isn't much different from us weekend warriors, but on the other hand, it's like, "Sheesh, how is he not more used to it?"

Still the best hunting show I have ever watched. Randy and his crew are right up there too.

It just blows my mind that after all the animals Rinella has killed in his life, that he still gets the shakes and screws up shots. On the one hand, it's nice to know that he really isn't much different from us weekend warriors, but on the other hand, it's like, "Sheesh, how is he not more used to it?"

Still the best hunting show I have ever watched. Randy and his crew are right up there too.
I think his shakes and mistakes are particular to bowhunting. I’ve never seen him miss a rifle shot, but a couple rough bow shots referenced in this season. He’s a busy guy maybe doesn’t have a ton of time on the practice targets? Still rocking a wrist release!

Sounds like I'm on the same schedule as everyone else. Finally had a free weekend and burned through Season 8. I also wish there were a few more episodes (like double...). I find the variety interesting, but wish it was more focused on Western Big Game. I don't need an annual squirrel episode.

Either way, it was good to have MeatEater back. The production quality is very good. I think Steve caters to the non-hunter or new hunter more than most shows, you hear a lot of very basic explanations of things that most experienced hunters wouldn't need covered. Not sure if that is good or bad, just an observation.

I think his shakes and mistakes are particular to bowhunting. I’ve never seen him miss a rifle shot, but a couple rough bow shots referenced in this season. He’s a busy guy maybe doesn’t have a ton of time on the practice targets? Still rocking a wrist release!
If you listen to his podcast he was pretty open about this. He admits he didn't practice enough, but the same can be said for anyone who f's a shot archery hunting. You can always practice more.

First time Meateater watcher...enjoyed the catfishin' segment and the Washington archery elk very much. Rinella is very likable as were his cohorts of those two productions.

I think Steve caters to the non-hunter or new hunter more than most shows, you hear a lot of very basic explanations of things that most experienced hunters wouldn't need covered. Not sure if that is good or bad, just an observation.

Oh, there are plenty of seasoned hunters who still don't have basic understandings about some things, just hang around internet forums for a while and you'll see...

Oh, there are plenty of seasoned hunters who still don't have basic understandings about some things, just hang around internet forums for a while and you'll see...

Probably true. A better comment would have been that he does it in a way that is still enjoyable to hunters of all experience levels.

I watched it and enjoyed it. I like Randy's show as well as Meateater because both myself and my kids enjoy it.

I too was disappointed with how little content there was though. It was a two year wait for two and half hours of content.

I watched it and enjoyed it. I like Randy's show as well as Meateater because both myself and my kids enjoy it.

I too was disappointed with how little content there was though. It was a two year wait for two and half hours of content.

Lol everytime they post anything... more... more... more

and the last season was posted 10/2/2018 on Netflix. Season 6 came out in Oct 2016, but they switched from Sportmans to Netflix so that might have had something to do with the delay.

Back