PEAX Equipment

MeatEater Podcast Must Listen

jryoung

NKQualtieri alluded to it in her post on conservationist v. environmentalist and I'm guessing she was priming for this podcast.

http://themeateater.com/2015/podcastepisode012/

This is an incredibly informative podcast that is important to us all. Most importantly it discussed the history some environmental legislation and how we, as hunters were the catalyst for much of it, but because of how anti-hunting interests latched on to the key environmental legislation of the 70s we have lost our way.

Well worth the investment of an hour and 38 minutes.

Funny story is I wasn't. I never know what podcasts are coming out as they're processed in our NYC office. And they're almost always recorded outside of the Bozeman office, so I usually don't know until I upload them onto the system what they're about.

It's just something that comes up a lot in our community, so it makes sense to talk about it. I shared our H/T thread with my co-worker Janis and he was like "Weird--we just made a podcast about that." So you know, ongoing themes within the office and beyond.

And just a quick FYI--anything I say here is totally my own opinion, and it doesn't reflect back on anything from M/E or ZPZ. I'm not here to work. I'm here to learn. If you guys ever have any questions about that side of things, I'm happy to talk about it.

All in good fun.

PS The podcasts are my favorite. This particular one is awesome.

Last edited:
I found it comical that Janis and I virtually said the same thing regarding our liking to hug trees and shoot animals.

I'm going to listen to this again today, there was so much going on that surely I missed something. And, since I like to hang out on the internet I'm anxious to go back to Outdoor Life's archives.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back