Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MEATEATER now on Netflix

I prefer these type of outdoor shows that get into the how too's and tips over the ones that just show some guy hanging out in a lodge and sitting in a stand. Its the one thing that drew me to Randy's shows.
I am not against any show that promotes the sport but much prefer to have a learning experience or pure entertainment. I think its good practice to show the challenges and hunts that no game is taken. Great to see Meat Eater on Netflix.

I prefer these type of outdoor shows that get into the how too's and tips over the ones that just show some guy hanging out in a lodge and sitting in a stand. Its the one thing that drew me to Randy's shows.
I am not against any show that promotes the sport but much prefer to have a learning experience or pure entertainment. I think its good practice to show the challenges and hunts that no game is taken. Great to see Meat Eater on Netflix.

Couldn't agree more with this, when I see guys roll out into the "stand" see a big buck and crank it, its just boring. I love the adventure part of it.

Just a quick update. I checked the Meateater reviews and there are approx 800 reviews so far. I didn't see any negatives (though I'm sure there's a few). In checking out some of the other shows on there, the really popular ones have several thousand but many only have a few hundred. Considering how short of time frame it's been up, I'd say we're doing a damn good job of showing our affection for the show. My hope is that we'll be seeing more seasons within the year.

Mr. Rinella has said via his social media that if we want to see more episodes show up, the best thing is to get a positive review out there on Netflix. So keep it up folks.

Question for those streaming on home TV.

I sat down last night to start watching MeatEater and I experienced buffering/dropouts. (Bad) It took me 2 hours to watch the 1st two epsiodes. We also have Hulu Plus and that sucks also. I am a techie so I did some troubleshooting. Tested internet speed with two different tools (Ookla and some other test). Downlink is 40-70Meg and uplink is 4-7 meg so I am pretty sure that isn't it. (Other Wifi devices in the house work well) Only my daughter was on line when I ran the tests. We view streaming via our Wii. It is my suspicion that it is the Wifi performance of the Wifi that is my bottleneck. (Wireless router is dual MIMO/300 MHZ capable so I don't think that is it either.

I am looking at ROKU box. What is your experience with Wii? Do you folks use ROKU? If so, which model and does it perform? I am not a video file, but I want it to perform. Currently we are wasting time and money on our Netflix, Hulu, Amazon subscriptions and I need to do something different. (Sorry for the highjack but watching a moose hunt shouldn't take as long as the hunt itself!)

Finally! I've been waiting for a good hunting show on Netflix for some time.
Heck I'll take a bad hunting show on Netflix!! What are the bad ones?? Beats Dragon Tales all day long...

I just watched the episode called "Butchering a Whole Deer"...WOW!! Kinda makes me ashamed of myself and really makes me wanna buy his cookbook/butchering book!!

I sat down last night to start watching MeatEater and I experienced buffering/dropouts. (Bad) It took me 2 hours to watch the 1st two epsiodes. We also have Hulu Plus and that sucks also. I am a techie so I did some troubleshooting. Tested internet speed with two different tools (Ookla and some other test). Downlink is 40-70Meg and uplink is 4-7 meg so I am pretty sure that isn't it. (Other Wifi devices in the house work well) Only my daughter was on line when I ran the tests. We view streaming via our Wii. It is my suspicion that it is the Wifi performance of the Wifi that is my bottleneck. (Wireless router is dual MIMO/300 MHZ capable so I don't think that is it either.

I am looking at ROKU box. What is your experience with Wii? Do you folks use ROKU? If so, which model and does it perform? I am not a video file, but I want it to perform. Currently we are wasting time and money on our Netflix, Hulu, Amazon subscriptions and I need to do something different. (Sorry for the highjack but watching a moose hunt shouldn't take as long as the hunt itself!)

I have used a variety of devices - game systems (but not Wii), chromecast, laptops, tablet, apple TV, phone and usually don't have issues. Is your experience with Netflix consistent across devices (not just Wii, but if you try on computer, do you still face streaming issues)? Do you experience this regularly on all your devices? Sometimes the Netflix servers get bogged down or if there is too much Netflix traffic (Netflix accounts for some mind boggling amount of all internet traffic - more than 35% during peak times) your ISP might throttle video speeds.

If the problem only consistently shows up on your Wii, you will probably see an improvement by using a different device.

I have used a variety of devices - game systems (but not Wii), chromecast, laptops, tablet, apple TV, phone and usually don't have issues. Is your experience with Netflix consistent across devices (not just Wii, but if you try on computer, do you still face streaming issues)? Do you experience this regularly on all your devices? Sometimes the Netflix servers get bogged down or if there is too much Netflix traffic (Netflix accounts for some mind boggling amount of all internet traffic - more than 35% during peak times) your ISP might throttle video speeds.

If the problem only consistently shows up on your Wii, you will probably see an improvement by using a different device.

I wish I could say for sure, but I do not believe we have issues on any other devices. (I only watch on TV/Wii combo) My daughter streams on PC and she has no qualms about complaining! (Even if she is pirating family account!) and I have not heard a word from her.

Was someone or another computer program using your WiFi? I/we usually experienced a slower speed (or rebuffering) via WiFi when watching Netflix and either my wife or son(s) are on the computer (internet).

I had to laugh . . . . I watched the "Lobster of the Prairie" the other night and thought . . . . . Wow, antelope tasting like Lobster . . . . can't say I would call antelope "lobster". It was a good show, none-the-less.

My Netflix comes in and out if someone else in the house is using the WiFi too heavily...

We have had a Roku 2 XD for about 4 years. It handles all our streaming (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon) without problems. We also picked up a Roku TV from Costco. We can have the box streaming, TV streaming, and someone on the computer and we don't have any issues. We just have the basic internet cable plan from our provider.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back