Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Meal replacement bar?

JoltnJoe

What’s everybody’s favorite for quick, on the go bar for breakfast/lunch? Pro bar? RX bar? Other?

I dehydrate my own strawberries and use those for the dried fruit. I don't have the macros in front of me, but if you divide the recipe into 16 "bars" it comes out to 250-260 calories a bar.

PB/honey and tortillas, hard cheese, salami, jerky, smoked salmon, Snickers. For breakfast look at making up protein shakes and mix with water or man other options. I can barely choke down a protein bar anymore. The weight to calorie ratio is not really that great and they all pretty much taste like crap, IMO

I like Oatmega bars. The chocolate peanut butter flavor isn't bad, coconut is pretty good too. I also like that they have fiber to keep you full longer and they don't melt in your pocket or pack.

I've been digging on the below 3 for awhile. In the morning I just mix the 2 powders and slam them with water. Not sure how much goodness is retained in dried powder form, but it has to be better than a coffee and pastry. And for sure better than a McNasty.

71RICEKvovL._SX522_.jpg71N0DDcke-L._SX522_.jpg912Ck13vNmL._SX522_.jpg

I make my own, I started with ryan lampers meal bar recipe on their website, the sthealthy hunter, or something like that. It's basically oats, coconut, coconut oil, almond butter, peanut butter, chia seed, and bone broth protein powder. I probably missed a few things but that's close.

RX bars for me. High quality ingredients. Sticks to the teeth though

Honey stinger or cliff bars... although snickers the original meal replacement is by far my favorite.

Yeah, I had a client unwrap a Clif Bar one time to find a bunch of worms in it...some sort of Indian moth worm, can't remember for sure now, but apparently it's a thing, I haven't had one since.

I'm not opposed to eating insects on principle, and know that we all consume some from processed foods, but if it constitutes a large enough percentage of the product to warrant being on the ingredient list...then I want it on the ingredient list so that we're upfront about what I'm eating...

DuckDuckGo for “moose goo.” Goes well on tortilla or crackers and packs a ton of usable calories and flavor. I pack it in reusable squeeze tubes.

Yeah, I had a client unwrap a Clif Bar one time to find a bunch of worms in it...some sort of Indian moth worm, can't remember for sure now, but apparently it's a thing, I haven't had one since.

I'm not opposed to eating insects on principle, and know that we all consume some from processed foods, but if it constitutes a large enough percentage of the product to warrant being on the ingredient list...then I want it on the ingredient list so that we're upfront about what I'm eating...

Huh no kidding... never had one of those

My biggest issue with bars is temperature control, ie, I feel like they all either end up as a ball of goo on hot days or a rock that I have to gnaw on when it’s cold.

Anymore I just grab a diversity of this and that, some type of cured meat, slab of cheese, couple random bars. Diversity is key, I'm pretty burned out on most of the more common meal replacement bar flavors personally.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back