Meal replacement bar?

Thanks for all the input, bought a little sampler pack of stuff for my muzz Hunt next month. The one bars have 20 grams of protein!😮55190C01-9A01-46E3-9C36-0FDBA332C81E.jpeg

Diggin the crocs👍 it's hard to breakup up the monotony of bars in the backcountry. On the other hand I tried to do something different last year and that deal ended up not working out too well. Hell of a weight loss program though.

Last edited:
Diggin the crocs👍 it's hard to breakup up the monotony of bars in the backcountry. On the other hand I tried to do something different last year and that deal ended up not working out too well. Hell of a weight loss program though. R.c

Last year I read Brady Miller's article about going stoveless, and thought it sounded like a good idea to save weight. I could be tough, food is just fuel after all. Now, having done it for 7 days, all I can say is eff that noise...Brady is way tougher than I am. Day 2 of the hunt I found the packaging that someone had left on the mountain for some instant mashed potatoes, by day 6 of the hunt when time is short, and I need to really be picking apart a ridge with my glass, I'm day dreaming about those freakin potatoes. Thinking of good hot food was a really difficult distraction for me to overcome. When we came off the mountain, the only food place we could find open in Gunnison was Taco Bell, and we hammered it. They had to be thinking "look at these stoners...munchies have driven them over the edge".

From this point forward there will always be at least one hot meal a day, and for sure coffee in my camp.

Last week on a trip the guy I went with was telling me about some self heating meals they have at scheels. There's no way I could do a week with no hot meals at the end of a long day. That extra 2lbs for a stove is plenty fine with me.

Last year I read Brady Miller's article about going stoveless, and thought it sounded like a good idea to save weight. I could be tough, food is just fuel after all. Now, having done it for 7 days, all I can say is eff that noise...Brady is way tougher than I am. Day 2 of the hunt I found the packaging that someone had left on the mountain for some instant mashed potatoes, by day 6 of the hunt when time is short, and I need to really be picking apart a ridge with my glass, I'm day dreaming about those freakin potatoes. Thinking of good hot food was a really difficult distraction for me to overcome. When we came off the mountain, the only food place we could find open in Gunnison was Taco Bell, and we hammered it. They had to be thinking "look at these stoners...munchies have driven them over the edge".

From this point forward there will always be at least one hot meal a day, and for sure coffee in my camp.
I agree 100%. Eff that stove-less bs. You have to have at least one hot “real” meal a day. Even after eating mountain house for a week the visions of pizza pies and giant cheeseburgers become ever more present. I can’t even imagine a whole 24 hours on the bars alone.

Is a PB&J squished to the bottom half of a sandwich sized ziploc bag considered a meal replacement bar? Because if so, I think that's my choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back