MBA doesn’t prepare for "real life"

"Don't think an M.B.A. alone is a ticket to the executive suite,"

This would actually go with any of the tickets one could garner from collage out of high school

Even the trade schools can't or don't give a good over view of what reality deals out when these people stumble from the halls of higher learning, even though they are quite a bit better

That just cracks me up every time in a thread like this... :D

Psssst Acon, you forgot this part:

An M.B.A. is "a launching pad. It's a necessary prerequisite, but it does not give you [the means to handle] all the experiences that managers face today,"

But why would you need a “launching pad” when you have those “wings of enlightenment” to fly away above and beyond the rest of us down here in the mud. I guess that’s to launch you into the heavens, god like over the peasant masses.

Don’t get you panties in a bind, I just thought it was funny, you know, low brow humor for us un edjumacated.

No panties in a bind here, just thought I point out some other parts of the article.

IMO, 'launching pad' is real similar to 'getting your foot in the door'. I'm hoping you get that one... ;)

Acon... Funny, I saw that on MSN, read that ... thought about posting it here... then thought better of it.... I died when I saw the topic posted here now :) HAHA !!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back