MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

May Yellowstone and Black Hills Family Vacation?

Black Hills are a lot of fun and not the tourist trap that YNP has become. The mamoth museum in Hot Springs is fun. Wind Cave is also pretty cool.

Daughter and I got to go to WY and hunt this last season, but October snow put the kaboshes on our plans to visit Yellowstone and shut down Custer, Needles, etc. she wants to go back to see what we missed (as do I), and my wife is finally agreeable to making the family (of 5) trip.

Beach trip is already planned for this spring, so we are looking into next May. Will snow pack have things shut down still in May, or will this be a good plan? Trying to hit a “soft spot” in our busy schedule.

Want to hit Yellowstone, Tetons, Cody museum, dinosaur museum, Devils Tower, then Custer, Needles, Badlands, etc
Black Hills in May, turkey season will be open!! 😉😉

It all comes down to hills vs mountains, the highest point in the BH is 7,200 feet. I’m not obsessed with mountains so I vote BH!
I went Merriam hunting in the Black Hill this year. Really tough terrain with lots of ups and downs. I was able to find success on the last day, but it wasn’t easy. I learned the Toms and Hens didn’t stay far from the flock. They moved quickly and often. Finding roosts were hard, and they did not roost in the same tree every night. Very call shy, they would shock gobble more than you would think in the afternoon, but ultimately you could never get in front of them. I did however find success, little bit of a secret tip you could say but I wouldn’t give it up on here unless someone is willing to make a trade. With more Hunt info.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back