Matt from Wyoming

Mattff200

Been a member for a while but never did introduce myself. In my backstory there are things that may seem farfetched but everything is the truth.

Was born and raised in the peoples republic of NJ. Started hunting at 12, only filled out hunter safety booklet to kill time on a rainy day. My uncle took me under his wing and taught me how to hunt and shoot. Got lucky on the shooting part, hes completed in two bianchi cups, two IPSC nationals and camp Perry. I thought I would just hunt white tails my whole life and my furthest trip would be to Pennsylvania or our family trip to our camp in Maine. In 2013 my cousin and her husband moved to Cheyenne. I visited to bear hunt that next may and although u never saw a beat I was hooked. Saw elk, deer, antelope and almost everything else. Came back next may and got to stalk a bear but couldn't close the deal. I then graduated college and came out in the fall. Was able to taked an antelope and mule deer.

It was during one of my hunting trips out there where I given potentially dangerous advice, which was make it happen. I did make it happen and I took a safari to South Africs in July of 2017 and took an impala, blesbuck, blue wildabeest, kudu and zebra. I had wanted to do that since I was 13 and I did it at 25.

After returning from Africa I decided to get serious about another goal. I wanted to move to Wyoming. I did not land a job I interviewed for in 2017 but in 2018 I landed a job in Greeley, Colorado and commuted from Cheyenne. I was happy with the move and the ability to hunt more but had always planned to stay at that job a year and then move to Wyoming. My timing to love to wyoming got moved up by 6 months I accidentally violated a firm policy while traveling to a client this past June and was called back 6 hours to get fired. After getting a two month summer vacation and finding out how strong my support system is I landed a job as an accountant up in Gillette. I now live there and haven't been happier in a while. I love where I work and how close I an to good hunting compared to cheyenne. Espically on general tags. On top of filling my antelope tags in a unit by cheyenne this year I picked up a leftover do deer tag and took a doe mule deer on public land in NE wyoming. If you made it this far thanks for reading and I loom forward to talking with all of you.

Welcome! I dream of moving to Wyoming, but it won't be in my cards. Happy to get to hunt down there when I can!

Welcome from a fellow Jerseyan who did a stint in Wyoming. Now on the Front Range of CO but would love to move across the northern border after I finish grad school.

Welcome! I dream of moving to Wyoming, but it won't be in my cards. Happy to get to hunt down there when I can!
Hey man make it happen, I was fortunate to have family so they afforded me a place to move into quick but still the best decesion I ever made. I only lived there 6 weeks but I could have moved directly to a place of my own. Before I moved out I lived with my parents and had an easy life. The move is still the best decesion I made in my life.

Welcome from a fellow Jerseyan who did a stint in Wyoming. Now on the Front Range of CO but would love to move across the northern border after I finish grad school.
Hope you can get out of southern California east asap.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back