Caribou Gear Tarp

Mask up on federal lands

The second: my mother in law was in the e.r. for non covid issues and was talking to a nurse about covid in the hospital. The nurse told her half the staff has already gotten it and that includes people not treating known covid patients. She might have been exaggerating but it is still a high ratio of people getting it. Granted they are in the most likely place to pick it up, but with all the cleaning and ppe protocols and there's that many people still getting it makes me wonder how affective masks actually are?

Not trying to start any arguments just my thoughts.
She likely wasn't. Same thing in our hospital, and in our town in general. High mask compliance for months. Our ID doctors don't have a clue why so many medical staff are infected with full PPE, N 95s, gloves, constant cleaning, etc., and why there is such a high prevalence with rigid adherence to mask wearing in the public at large. It's not like LA where you don't get a good sample of what people are doing in terms of masks. Let's just hope the vaccine works on the new strains.

It's generally not the states business to tell the federal government how to manage uses on their lands, unless there is a federal law that makes that necessary, such as with cooperator groups like a governors office taking part in RMP's.
At least during the previous administration, federal policy has been to comply with local regulations and cooperate with the state, county and local authorities. I go on federal property on a daily basis being retired and that is the sign they have everywhere I go and on the websites.

I found a mask in September right here. Someone was ahead of the game. I wasn’t wearing one at the time. Had I forgot toilet paper that day it would have been useful. How it got there I don’t know? Mile high club member flushed it? Hippie went for a off trail walk? Bear ate someone with a mask and crapped there.. Aliens? We may never know.

I want to share the Waypoint "Waypoint 01/21/21 16:15" with you. View & Save it on the onX Hunt app here:

0C5D47E5-150C-41E2-A82E-490B0D563999.jpeg

Last edited:
I probably don't need one of these, but I would like one of these.View attachment 170889
What kind of cheese for your pizza? Enquiring minds need to know

I assume we're on cheese comments for the last couple pages since I didn't read any of it and I bet it contains little value toward the whole of the forum.

GO CHEESE! Off to Crossfit...wait I didn't tell anyone...I do Crossfit now...Crossfit

Last edited:
LOL

At the time I was using a Little Chief. I'd freeze the blocks and smoke them for an hour or so with the door cracked. Never got more than 120° in there.

I have a MasterBuilt propane smoker now. Love it deeply and use it heavily, though I haven't tried any cold smoking in it.
I bought a $25 cold smoke attachment for my masterbuilt and basically do nothing but smoke cheese in it now. It’s not uncommon for me to smoke 15-20 1lb bricks each time.
I make the mistake of eating waaaay to much of it but I feel if your going to eat cheese, why not have it smoked.

I imagine for most of you cubicle dwellers, this is a moot issue. I highly doubt some fish cop is going to track me down and cite me for no mask deep in the middle of some BLM

Eh.... nothing new for me with this one. I live among the greatest concentration of moonbats in the country; Massachusetts. Our fearless and all knowing governor told us months ago that we always have to wear our masks in public. 99.9% of every person I have come across walking the fire roads in the woods in our wonderful community are wearing masks all the time. The the super moon bats will even stop and step off the trail as you pass by just in case we are super contagious and our covid carrying breath will mystically fly thirty feet and land in their eyes.

Here is the key on party hunt. You want average number of preference points everyone has to be >1. If it is less than 1 and everyone puts in on party hunt, then no one will draw unless they are lucky on the random draw. So important to know everyone's preference point total for antelope.
I don’t come around very often but I feel I have lost the ability to follow a thread.

I wasn't talking about at home.
There are 3-4 month old babies in the NICU that have never seen a human face.
What an incredibly valid point you make sir!!!! I was reading thru this thread but had to respond to this. I had never thought of the impact on child development for those NICU babies. I’m guessing others hadn’t as well. Tell your wife I said thanks for what she does. Your point is profound and I hope others see it. I’m afraid there will be consequences for those kids and our society due to this.

Same reason they wear them alone in their cars. Because theyve let the media fear machine infest their brains.
Exactly! Same reason I spent 5 min trying to find my phone while talking to my mom on it, consistently lose my glasses on my face, found myself in CVS with slippers on and forgot to pack a sleeping bag on a hunt.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back