Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Maryland field goose hunt

I'm in the western zone and hunt some fields but prefer to hunt on the Potomac river
Early Resident Canada Goose
Season and Bag Limits
2021 Eastern & Western Zones
DATESBAG LIMIT
EASTERN ZONE - Sept. 1–15
WESTERN ZONE - Sept. 1–25
8 per day
possession limit of 24
The Eastern Zone season is open in these counties:

• Calvert
  • Caroline
  • Cecil
  • Dorchester
  • Harford
  • Kent
  • Queen Anne’s
  • St. Mary’s
  • Somerset
  • Talbot
  • Wicomico
  • Worcester; and
  • that part of Anne Arundel County east of Interstate 895, Interstate 97 and Route 3; and
  • that part of Prince George’s County east of Route 3 and Route 301; and
  • that part of Charles County east of Route 301.
The Western Zone season is open in these counties:

• Allegany
  • Baltimore
  • Carroll
  • Frederick
  • Garrett
  • Howard
  • Montgomery
  • Washington; and
  • that part of Anne Arundel County west of Interstate 895, Interstate 97 and Route 3; and
  • that part of Prince George’s County west of Route 3 and Route 301; and
  • that part of Charles County west of Route 301.
  • The Eastern and Western Zone daily bag limit is eight geese and the possession limit is 24.
  • Shooting hours are from one-half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset for both zones.
  • Shotguns capable of holding more than three shells may be used to take resident Canada geese during these September seasons only.

• "Shooting hours are from one-half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset for both zones."
I asked fish and game about their decision in Montana to not allow shooting after sunset they said that was a federal thing yet here in these regs it is different?
I always thought it was wierd that a guy could shoot at a elk at 1000 yards but not shoot some geese due to "visibility".
Seems like I might of been lied to about it being "federal"

in my assumption federal would be nation wide where as state would be local? Correct me if im wrong. (hope this doesnt land me on the do not fly list)

Shooting hours are Federal - Migratory bird regulations for all of North America including Canada and Mexico. Birds need that 1/2 hour before dark unmolested so they can find their roost for the night. It is important.

Shooting hours are Federal - Migratory bird regulations for all of North America including Canada and Mexico. Birds need that 1/2 hour before dark unmolested so they can find their roost for the night. It is important.
In Sask we can hunt from half hour before sunrise till noon until October 15. After that can be half hour before sunrise to half hour after sunset. This is for dark geese. In Alberta they can hunt dark geese all day from the start of season

Nice smack down.
Field geese are super fun.
Starting to get the itch after selling 6 dozen decoys about 8 years ago.

So some states are half hour after even though it is a federal rule?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back