Marlin 882 SSV Trigger Upgrade

N

ntodwild

So I own a Marlin 882 SSV 22Mag. Rifle that I love shooting. I use the rifle as a backup coyote rifle for friends & family that tag along on a coyote hunt on occasion but primarily it's a practice rifle and a range staple for honing my shooting skills. It is a rifle that one can shoot for hours and is accurate enough.

I HAVE HATED THE TRIGGER PULL ON THE RIFLE SINCE THE DAY I PURCHASED IT although it has given me the ability to focus on fundamentals over the years because of the heavy trigger pull. I have been telling myself year after year I would change the trigger out and just never got around to it.

Recently I did some research on triggers including DIY jobs and decided to go with a "Rifle Basix" trigger. They make triggers for many of the Marlin rifles as well as others.

Install is and was very easy and straight forward aside from somehow bending the extraction spring on the Marlin (no idea how I did it???) and after some 20 min of tinkering I eventually got it working smoothly (a new spring is on my list from Midway).

My impression: WOW! 2.5lb trigger on a bull barreled 22mag with zero recoil makes for a target shooting machine. Easy 1" groups at 100 yards and many overlapping bullet holes (Can you say shooting the center out of a target). The rifle was a very accurate rifle before the trigger but now it's about as nice of a target rifle you could take to the range. In my opinion well worth the money and I should have purchased years ago. I would not hesitate to recommend a Rifle Basix Trigger.

Hopefully this helps someone out there who is looking at a trigger upgrade.

I've always considered getting one for my 17HMR, but I don't shoot that rifle much anymore so whether or not I ever get around to it is a different story.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back