mainly MAINE but appies in other states???

californiacoyotes

are remote camps more productive then a regular camp? and if you are bait hunting in an area that has NOT been hunted before does that mean more bears or less bears. don't you have to get the bears to come in a pattern first? i mean get used to the area having easy food. and i was told today that maine has a three year cycle and next year promises to be a good bear year because the berries and stuff will be back thicher and ths past year was a drought year. this same guy told me that last year his clients were averaging bears around 150 to 185 pounds but this year they have been 250+, does this sound right(this is in maine)

CC
Theres no such thing as bears that haven't seen a bait in Maine anymore.There isen't any areas left here where someone isn't baiting bears.All A remote camp meanes up here is somone has driven back 20 miles or so and set up a tent city to hunt out of.Same roades same woods and same bears I and everyone el's is hunting.
Our feed years do run in cycles like everywhere some years we have nuts some we don't some we have good bearyes and some we don't.I have notest that the years after a good nut crop our bears are extra fat from the nuts the fall before.This is one of them years.Our bears have averaged out at 220# this fall.

Back