Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Maine moose results available

okie archer

Struck out again but no surprise.
Got down the the M's and had fleeting moment of excitement when I saw my last name. Just wrong first name.

Struck out again but no surprise.
Got down the the M's and had fleeting moment of excitement when I saw my last name. Just wrong first name.
I did the same thing a few years ago, only when they posted it, it was just first initial and the last name. Both matched. Then my call to Maine Fish and Game did not go the way I expected when it was in fact, not me, but an Esther...

I’ve got what I always considered an uncommon last name. 5 people on the list all from different areas and none me.

No luck for me despite max NR points. Did get my resident nephew & his step-son in Lewiston to start applying this year, even for just a cow tag. So that gives me some hope I may get to return one day.

No luck for me despite max NR points. Did get my resident nephew & his step-son in Lewiston to start applying this year, even for just a cow tag. So that gives me some hope I may get to return one day.
Max points as in 120? That's brutal. Makes me think I'm never going to draw given my current level (21).

Ya it’s either 120 or 130 based on their ridiculous feel good flavor of the month system. Has changed many times since I participated. Very stupid, and now watered down with outfitter welfare.

It’s been very discouraging watching what were once legitimate tag distribution systems morph into states maximizing income by selling nothing but dreams alone. I’ve not drawn a random tag in any state in a decade, despite 300+ points. That was a NH moose tag back in 2012.

Max points as in 120? That's brutal. Makes me think I'm never going to draw given my current level (21).
Sadly odds are you never will, the moose odds there are much much worse than it appears. The 10 pack unlimited purchases, squared points, outfitter tags, fewer tags has all killed those odds. I know of guys that have applied over 40 years without a tag. Somehow I drew a cow tag on year 1 of applying and ate it.

I wish they published the draw statistics just so we'd have a picture of what we're up against. You always hear about guys drawing by sheer luck in the first couple years, but I wonder how many people are applying with 100 points, buying extra chances, and still not drawing. It's easy (and usually appropriate) to hate on some of the draws in the west, but Maine has got them beat for most off-the-wall system for sure.

I wish they published the draw statistics just so we'd have a picture of what we're up against. You always hear about guys drawing by sheer luck in the first couple years, but I wonder how many people are applying with 100 points, buying extra chances, and still not drawing. It's easy (and usually appropriate) to hate on some of the draws in the west, but Maine has got them beat for most off-the-wall system for sure.
Yes they run the lottery in a very amateur manner. What other state doesn’t publish odds for big game?

I was lucky to take part in the tail end of the golden era of Western hunting, build preference points in 8 states, and buy an Illinois LL back in the day. By doing so I still have decent hunts every year. Although I must navigate through the never ending point cheapening schemes. Maine has a long history of running off folks who buy into their latest tag distribution jokes. You are definitely correct in awarding them most off-the-wall system. And I’m quite sure they don’t want any of us point buyers to know how bad they made the odds. I used to have some outdoor writer links documenting the state’s fiascos, but all expired.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back