Maine Bound!

Mainer207

It’s been a tough first season in NY. I’ve had a couple close calls, watched guys walk by my stands, and witnessed a war zone for the rifle opener around my cabin.
Now, it’s time to get away for 8 days and hunt with my old man for the first time in about 10 years. He and I both got away from hunting for a long time, but since my mother’s death two years ago, we rekindled our love for getting outdoors.
It’s going to be great to get back to our Maine deer camp and spend time with all the old guys who taught me how to hunt. Hopefully, this trip turns my deer season around and puts something in the freezer. More importantly, it’ll be a reminder that hunting is about more than grinding out miles and chasing bucks.
I hope everyone else is out there spending time around the camp fire with good people and making memorable hunting stories!

Thats cool. Take some good pics. Maine makes me think of the old school deer camps.

I’ll be sure to share some stories and pictures. The camp is definitely an old school Maine deer camp.
Hopefully the game pole will have a few on it!

Best of luck. Where in Maine is Camp? We hunt in Stratton/Eustis area...will be heading up Thurs after work and coming home Thanksgiving morning.

Best of luck. Where in Maine is Camp? We hunt in Stratton/Eustis area...will be heading up Thurs after work and coming home Thanksgiving morning.

Our camp is in Stetson. It’s in unit 17 just outside of Bangor. Our schedules are pretty similar.
Hopefully we are both tagged out by thanksgiving morning! Best of luck to you guys.

Surprised to here it was busy opening day in NY, while I dont rifle hunt I was outside most of the day and there was almost no shots. Driving around showed very few hunters as well. Seems like every year there is less and less,

Surprised to here it was busy opening day in NY, while I dont rifle hunt I was outside most of the day and there was almost no shots. Driving around showed very few hunters as well. Seems like every year there is less and less,

im in the Catskill park region. The public land was pretty busy but possible to get away from folks. the private around my cabin is all LI and NJ folks who get their shooting out on the opening weekend.

Can't say the same here, I don't really gun hunt but a buddy of mine said opening day was a war zone where he was in the lower part of the state on public, shotgun only. He did luck out and score a buck on the second day though which was great.

I live just north of the park. I have some property around windham though, havent hunted it in years.

Back