Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Made The Move To Colorado

CB1

Well the stars finally aligned and was able to move out west to Colorado. Been a whirlwind couple months but we made it through and are in the new house. I lived out in red cliff for a bit during high school but moved away and have been itching to get back out west again.

Family and I moved to Douglas county just south of Denver. Seems like a good mix of convenience (for my wife) and quick access to the mountains. This should make it easier to do more western hunts also!

Thought it was worth the reintroduction and to see if anyone has any tips or things to check out in the area.

Welcome CB1. I am in Castle Rock and there are an awful lot of hunting opportunities here in CO.

Thanks @Buschy we are actually out in Castle Rock also. Seems like a great area.

Unfortunately no hunting in Colorado for me this year with the move and a new baby but hoping to get after it next year! Excited to explore some of those opportunities.

yo @JohnCushman , zero disrespect intended, but honest question: haven't you been "getting out of colorado" for quite some time now?

yo @JohnCushman , zero disrespect intended, but honest question: haven't you been "getting out of colorado" for quite some time now?
Have you been to DIA lately... freaking nightmare, takes 2 years just to get through security.

* seriously though anyone flying in the near future, give yourself 3hrs. Security line started in the parking garage on friday, I'm not kidding.

Have you been to DIA lately... freaking nightmare, takes 2 years just to get through security.

* seriously though anyone flying in the near future, give yourself 3hrs. Security line started in the parking garage on friday, I'm not kidding.

dropped my parents off the other week to fly to jackson (they're not bougy, i promise... work trip)

no shit my dad estimated the security line was a 1/4 mile long three people wide if you could untangle the coiled up line like a snake. they were mingling with the baggage claim crowds waiting to go through security

Thanks @Buschy we are actually out in Castle Rock also. Seems like a great area.

Unfortunately no hunting in Colorado for me this year with the move and a new baby but hoping to get after it next year! Excited to explore some of those opportunities.
Send a PM sometime and we can get together. I can share some info and again, there are LOTS of hunting opportunities here. Politics suck in this state, but just have to ignore it as much as possible.

Welcome to the front range......you are right about plenty of opportunity here. The negative comments do have some merits (I have been here 12 years and COS has doubled in size....as have the price of homes), politics going forward will not be any more positive for hunting and hunters. I would encourage you to carve out your own piece of the state and enjoy the best you can.

When HP graduates HS next year I will be considering my options for a "forever" home settlement. There are some spots on the Western Slope that appeal to me but I also have found I like the mindset of WY better......either way I will be escaping the maddening crowd.

Best of luck to you and when you are in the Springs feel free to hit me up.......you are very close to Scheels now ;)

Thanks @Buschy and @SFC B. I’ll definitely reach out once we get a bit more settled.

Pretty excited even with the downsides mentioned above. Luckily no one dropped a huge surprise. It will be a nice change of pace.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back