Caribou Gear Tarp

Luepold's Non Gold Ring Warranty

Brandon270

I'm familiar with Luepold's famous gold ring warranty, but I wonder what people's experience is with non gold ring/ non usa made products. Looking on their website they have a form to fill out to send any item for repair. It states..."If your Leupold product fails to perform in any way, please follow these instructions to initiate a service request". It doesn't specify only gold ring items.

Just wondering how they treat items sent in that are not specifically gold ring items. I assume there's a basic warranty on those items but what do they do about them after the warranty period or on something that failed not due to defect but to user error?

I've had one experience with Leupold customer service. It was their more budget "Green Ring" binos. I had them over 10 years, loaned them to a buddy, and got them back with the objective lens broke. I got the binos as a gift when I was around 16, so I didn't know what I did or didn't do with warranty info. I sent them in not sure what they'd say. Within 2 weeks, I had received a new, upgraded version of the binos I had. This was about 10 years ago, so not sure if anything has changed.

Not trying to poison the well, but I had poor customer service from them regarding their non-gold ring stuff.

Quite a run-around with brand new binoculars. It took months to get them back and all they did was send a brand new pair. So I am not sure what the delay was all about.

I sent in a lower quality pair of binos last year that I had for years that had somehow stopped focusing in all the way. I filled out the form, sent them in, and had a brand new upgraded pair in my hands 2 weeks later. I was impressed with them for sure.

Good to hear, I’ve got two older pairs I’m about to send back

I had a pair of BX-3 Binos that had a problem with the focus knob. Sent them in and they sent me back a brand new pair of BX-4's(bx-3 had been discontinued) within a couple of weeks. No questions asked.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm looking into some upgrades on my binos and possibly a spotter but wasn't sure how well they backed the non gold ring stuff. Glad to hear they stand by all of it.

The only place that I have heard people have problems is with their rangefinders and other "electronics". The warranty on those is not lifetime, I think only 1 year.

The only place that I have heard people have problems is with their rangefinders and other "electronics". The warranty on those is not lifetime, I think only 1 year.

I have an old Vari-X-3 with an illuminated reticle. The scope was draining batteries fast even when it was turned off. I called Leupold, knowing that it was long out of warranty, and was told to send it in for an estimate. About three weeks later it was returned with new circuitry free of charge. Leupold went out of their way to fix something that was clearly not covered under warranty.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm looking into some upgrades on my binos and possibly a spotter but wasn't sure how well they backed the non gold ring stuff. Glad to hear they stand by all of it.
So you're upgrading to low end Leupold? If that's the case I suggest not doing that and buying the best binos you can, shop sales (Reed Sports has 20% off optics right now) and ignore the spotter.

So you're upgrading to low end Leupold? If that's the case I suggest not doing that and buying the best binos you can, shop sales (Reed Sports has 20% off optics right now) and ignore the spotter.
I imagine stepping up to something like a bx-3 would be a significant improvement to the vortex Diamondbacks I'm running now

Back