Lubricating arrows ??

MrRee

I have NEVER heard of this & wondered if others do/ tried it/ and results.

My neighbor has been "lubricateing" his arrows and swears it cuts down on any rattle when drawing back and makes arrow go faster?

I am thinking he is nuts, but then again, maybe on to something ??? Anyone know about this ??

The only time I have done it is when shooting 3D targets. It helps to pull them out of the target.

I don't lube mine. I've never lacked for penetration....

I do often see folks use lube or soap on carbons on the 3d shoots. I've known guys that lube the shafts and/or broadheads. Whatever floats your boat.

The only downside to lubing is the attraction of dirt and grit.

if you use the aresol silicone, you wont have a problem attracting the dirt.... I know some that use car wax on their aluminum arrows..

Anytime you can reduce the friction between two items (e.g. arrow and rest), you reduce the chance for noise.

Good luck

Thanks guys !
smile.gif

It was all new to me so now I understand what is going on.

Lubricating arrow to make them fly faster? Either the power for the physical action of speed exists or it doesn't. No lube in the world is going give an arrow more speed, unless the arrow rest that's being used has some sort of abrasive surface on it. Even so, it wouldn't account for more than 2 or 3 f.p.s., at best.

Rubbing a bar of soap on the front end of an arrow shaft will assist on the ease of removing an arrow from a 3-D target.
wink.gif

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I also try and use the spray on silicone, it keeps my graphite arrows from squeeking across the rest when I draw, seems to work well...
smile.gif

Back