Lostincolorado

Lostincolorado

Helo everyone, a friend and I are coming out for 2nd riffle in gmu 54 2020 season. I have not been out hunting in 20 years! I don't expect anyone to give away their secret spot, just a point in a good direction would be appreciated and a starting spot from the truck. My plan was to hike in and have a spike camp . 02 riffle not sure how high they will be still. Any pointers

For deer in 54, I would truck camp and stay more mobile where you can walk a few miles in a different spot every morning if you have to. They can be at all elevations unless we get a lot of snow.

Last edited:
Welcome to HT.

There are tons of first posts asking for where to hunt and it usually doesn't generate a great response. If someone DOES tell you where to go, hundreds of other people will see the same information, and some may go to that spot, and now it's not so great of a place to hunt anymore with all the traffic.

For deer in 54, I would truck camp and stay more mobile where you can walk a few miles in a different spot every morning if you have to. They can be at all elevations unless we get a lot of snow.
Thanks that is 1 thing I was wondering. That makes good sense. I was thinking soap creek area

Back