Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

looking to hunt CO elk in 2020 with 17 points? recomendations?

I also don’t understand why ppl are such smartasses. The guy asked for reccomemdations. If u can’t add anything useful then just shup up please. No one really wants to hear it! I’m sure the guy has done some research. He was looking for opinions not sarcasm
Thanks Thomas.

I also don’t understand why ppl are such smartasses. The guy asked for reccomemdations. If u can’t add anything useful then just shup up please. No one really wants to hear it! I’m sure the guy has done some research. He was looking for opinions not sarcasm

There's a reason for those reactions. So many guys come to forums and as their first post ask where they should hunt. They get the answers and are never seen again. That gets kind of old after a while and actually contributes to units being crowded.

Personally, I feel finding a place to hunt is part of the hunt and should be done by the hunter. I don't really care what others do but I do care if where I hunt gets crowded from info being given on the internet.

There's a reason for those reactions. So many guys come to forums and as their first post ask where they should hunt. They get the answers and are never seen again. That gets kind of old after a while and actually contributes to units being crowded.

Personally, I feel finding a place to hunt is part of the hunt and should be done by the hunter. I don't really care what others do but I do care if where I hunt gets crowded from info being given on the internet.
I don’t disagree but it’s a 17 pt tag. I’m not real sure how a tag that costs 17 pt is going to lead to overcrowding. I know I see posts all the time w ppl asking for the first time. I’m just saying if I see that and don’t feel the person has done anything to justify an worthy info I just don’t comment. I don’t offer offensive comments. We have all been that person looking for info for the first time. And also we don’t know they have maybe already done research etc and are looking for something to add to their research. We should all be able to ask a question w/o explaining ourselves constantly. If u don’t want to help them don’t.usually if I’m looking for info on a hunt, I’ll ask but I’ve probably already done a bunch of research. I don’t feel I should have to explain myself or the research before asking a question. That’s all.

I don’t disagree but it’s a 17 pt tag. I’m not real sure how a tag that costs 17 pt is going to lead to overcrowding. I know I see posts all the time w ppl asking for the first time. I’m just saying if I see that and don’t feel the person has done anything to justify an worthy info I just don’t comment. I don’t offer offensive comments. We have all been that person looking for info for the first time. And also we don’t know they have maybe already done research etc and are looking for something to add to their research. We should all be able to ask a question w/o explaining ourselves constantly. If u don’t want to help them don’t.usually if I’m looking for info on a hunt, I’ll ask but I’ve probably already done a bunch of research. I don’t feel I should have to explain myself or the research before asking a question. That’s all.
yeah and if you have 17pts I'm guessing you have done some hunting previously or have a good hunting buddy who has

Yes, having 17 points is different. I'm like you and normally just ignore questions asking where to hunt.

Go muzzleloader for sure. Great season and great weather and would be a great adventure. You pick any units over 10 points you will be in great shape to shoot a bruiser. That’s awesome her dad had the idea to start putting her in 17 years ago. Go shoot one for him!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back