Looking to find the perfect blind

Michaelr

I want to find the best blind for hunting geese in stubble, It must be light weight, and portable in case you need to move in a hurry, low low profile, have loops for attaching natural vegitation, and have a waterproof floor to keep my arse warm and dry.
And of course be good functionally. ie be able to see out and open easily.

here is one I am eyeballing.
WFO300SG.JPG

Jacobsen Sales Layout Hunting Blind (WFO300SG)

*This low profile layout blind is the perfect answer when hunting open fields, small ponds or anywhere with little surrounding cover *Sturdy exterior straps let you quickly attach natural vegetation so you blend into a specific hunting locale *The sewn in waterproof floor keeps you dry even when you're hunting muddy fields *The comfortable foam seat and backrest ensure comfort on a long day hunt *Spacious 34 W x 84 L x 16 H and it weighs only 16 lbs. *The blind folds flat for compact transportation and quickly sets up *Available in Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Camo pattern $179.50

what is your favorite?

I have a couple of Finishers and I like them fine. They aren't as big as the old eliminators I have used before but they are much more portable. I have seen the field khaki for as low as $130 brand new. You can purchase a neo tub for them which is a neoprene tub you finisher sits in. They are low profile and very portable. The doors are spring loaded like the eliminators either. They have some durability issues.

I am purchasing a couple of new blind this summer and I am thinking of trying a couple of Final Approach SUB blinds. They look a little bigger and just as portable. I think to best hide them in the stubble some fast grass or similar product should be used.

I bought the finishers last summer and was happy with them. My hunting crew seems to keep growing so I am adding two more blinds.

I have not every seen the blind you posted so I can't give you any kind of informed opinion on them. I do know that it is important to mud any blind you buy.

Nemont

81714.jpg
Ameristep Fieldhouse Goose Hunting Blind
The Fieldhouse field hunting system is composed of an adjustable, low-profile reclining chair and a spring-steel framed, nylon blind that completely conceals the hunter in a relaxed, sitting position *By simply pulling a unique ripcord release, the Fieldhouse springs open from a closed height of 19" to completely flat to give the hunter a 360 degree field of view for fast, accurate shooting *No blind is easier to transport *The 19" x 7' long blind folds into a 2" x 24" case that weighs only 8 lbs., and the reclining chair doubles as a back pack frame *For added convenience, the bottom portion of the field chair can be folded out to serve as a decoy bag shelf *For added concealment, integral elastic brush pockets are provided *Available in Cat Tangle Camo pattern

this is another one I am interested in, it is the lightest and the chair as a pack shelf for deeks is a big plus.
it is also cheap, I've seen it go on ebay for 75$, retails for 99$

I desperately want to say Hunter Douglas. I won't, but I desperately want to . ;) :D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back