PEAX Equipment

looking to find good of road tires?

Mule man

Have broke two coopers in the last month. Put rocks through the tread ,tread is still at about 70% life. I probably run 60% gravel roads.

What pressure are you filling them too? Are you currently using load range E?

What pressure are you filling them too? Are you currently using load range E?
What ever presser is on my door, about 80 front and 70 back I think. According to my tire guy they are the toughest cooper makes without getting into xteresstrial type

and slow down

I've used Toyo AT, HT, MT, and Bridgestone revo on my F350, bare and with a loaded slide-in camper (11,900 lbs total) on multiple trips over rough rocky WY roads with zero trouble.

Yeah, surely no expert here from the flat prairie, but I would think airing down the pressure would let your tires have some "give" when hitting a rock.

Geez, I have SL rated Coopers on my truck and have had no issues. I drive real slow tho, especially on any dirt or gravel road.

I sure wouldnt be inflating tires that are 10 ply to psi pressures on the sticker on your door. Normally those are pressures for 4 ply's.

All the above!!!
I have run Cooper at3 for 20 years, never put a rock through the tread.
Riped a few on the side. Would they happen to be the ultra low profile tires?
I have heard bad things about them on gravel.
I drive as fast as the truck will stay on the road with 40 pounds on all 4 tires, WELL over half the tires life is on back roads.

I've had nothing but excellent luck with Cooper AT3's and running 10 ply tires. I just put on some ST Maxx from Cooper that are also 10 ply. Really seem like they are going to be a great tire. I run 40 pounds in the Coopers.

I'm on my second set of Nitto's and have been happy, about 50 to 60K for each pair. I run them with about 45psi when not towing the trailer.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back