Yeti GOBOX Collection

Looking: German Shorthaired Pointer male pup (MT, ID, WA)

FAIR CHASE

Done a bit of looking online and spread the word but haven't quite found what I am looking for in a GSP male pup.

Any intel would be appreciated.

Lost my 14yo English Springer Spaniel a couple months ago and its time to fill that void.

Thanks

You set on a Shorthair? If you would consider a Wirehair, look at Bone Point Kennels.

They breed very good dogs.

I just had a female wirehair bred, has bone point bloodlines as well as Fancy Feather Saltyfoote "Cosmo". bloodlines, I have male and female, navda tested,,,pups are due in 55 days or so, she will be ultra sounded in a few weeks,,,

No direct recommendations for you.

Not sure if you have checked out this list.

If your search takes you to Southern CA, there is a breeder with a good reputation named Larry Lowell. I'm sure he has good references. I know one owner of his dogs who is very happy.

I'm a big fan of English Pointers over GSPs. I hunt over a few that were either bought as started dogs or pups from George Hickox and they are incredible dogs - both in regard to temperament and hunting desire. Rugged enough for nasty country, but great in the house. Also a big wire hair and drathaar fan, although they are bulls in a china shop like most GSPs I've known. https://www.georgehickox.com/george_hickox_bird_dogs_for_sale_pointers.html

-Cody

My DK is out of this kennel. He's in Illinois, not sure if you would be interested in shipping a puppy. I love my dogs temperment, out of 5 bird dogs I have trained or worked with she has been the easiest. Tough enough to be hardy, but lessons sink in without too much force. She lives in the house and is very calm. Lately I've been using her as a therapy dog in a nursing home. She is also great with children. She loves water and is sees double duty as a retriever. The only issues I've had with her have been injuries, nothing genetic.

http://vomspartagr.com/

Attachments

• background.jpg
    background.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 199
  • dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 194
Foxtrot1, gorgeous dogs and nice SxS.

Thanks for all of the above advice info and PMs. I got lucky and found a MT breeder who's March litter has been sold out for almost a year but had a cancelation a cpl days ago. Looks I will have a new pup mid May. Let the fun and memories begin!!

Glad that you had some luck finding a pup. If that doesn't work out, look up Jon Edwards in Lewistown. He has been raising shorthairs for 20 or so years and is very active in the Montana NSTRA trials. He is a hell of a nice guy and will point you in the right direction if he doesn't have any available himself.

Fair chase, just curious what your criteria were?

Always a gamble with any pup. Simply put ........ the past is the best predictor of the future. Meaning a long history of solid and documented stock within those immediate bloodlines.

Physical characteristics, training ability, demeanor and natural hunting instincts.

My past "hunting" dogs have been part of the family, spending a bulk of the time in the house/truck and along on every other outdoor activity possible.

Back