Yeti GOBOX Collection

looking for black and tan pups

RUTTIN

this will be my first hound dog.and hopefuly im making the right choice .would prefer registered pups out of excellent parents. plan on hunting mostly cats with them

Call Gene Hicks,everything I hear about his dogs is good.He advertises in the American Cooner,and Coonhound Bloodlines.Let me know if you need his number.

Black and Tans,along with any of the tree hound breeds,should work fine.Just be sure the pup comes from a long line of dogs bred to do what you want yours to do. I wouldnt get a pup out of coon competition bred bloodlines for cat hunting.You could end up with a good cat hound from them but the odds would be a lot better getting a pup from proven cat dogs.
I have never hunted with any of the Trackdown Kennel B and T dogs but have heard a lot about their big game hunting abilitys.

Ruttin, Trackdown just had a litter of pups. I believe 5 of them are already sold. If you want one, the man to call is Merold Mohni, he lives in Prairie Farm, WI. tel:715-455-1661.

Ruttin-I am gonna have to disagree with one or more posters here. I dont know if you are looking for a competition dog, or a hunting dog. I assume a hunting dog. If that is the case, registration papers do nothing except give ya the right to say "THis dog is a registered Black and Tan" Thats it............ Doesnt mean anything about how it will hunt. I got a dog many years ago that had never hunted cats before, she came from Mochigan, and was a darn good cooner. SHe switched over to cats so fast it made my head spin. Have had cat dogs that as soon as ya showed em a caged coon, they became coon dogs too..... Ya dont need the papers unless ya are gonna need bragging rights or breeding purposes and then ya get into some bucks anyway. If ya are just gonna hunt the dog, just get a good dog that the parents are known coon hunters and ya will be able to hunt cats with the dog in a matter of a few Months. Might have trouble with the dog if its parents were deer hunters or coyote hunters, but I wouldnt worry to much about the difference between coons and cats. I have never had trouble making them go either way, if they started out being one or the other. bcat

I have had the same experiences as Bcat.I gave one of my coonhounds to a friend of mine in West Virginia to use as a bear dog.Within a couple months he was the best dog in his pack.I dont think it matters what they were bred to run.I know most big game hunters dont give a rats a$$ about papers on a dog,but papers are a must if you really want to try and breed better hounds.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back