Looking at (& shooting ) new bows

Delw

Anaconda.

The hoyte is a great bow. I have a few friends that have them.

last year I was looking at bows and man I couldnt make up my mind cause there was so many, not to mention the price of some of the bows cost more than most guns....

Delw

I went out and shot some of the new bows this weekend. My old bow is twenty years old.
Shot;
Mathews LX & legacy
Bowtech VFT & Blackhawk
Hoyt Ultratec, Cybertec & Razortec

The Mathews were very good bows, but I didn't shoot them very well, no matter what I did all the arrows seemed to go off to the left, and they both had some recoil to them (i.e. they seemed to jump when I shot them )

I really liked the Hoyt Cybertec, (better than the Ultratec)
Then I went to another shop and shot the Bowtech VFT and the Hoyt Razortec.
I liked both of these better than any of the others. The VFT is really fast, smooth and quiet. It seemed to shoot good for me, but the Razortec was even better. Not as fast, but super smooth & quiet, very well balanced.
I just shot it well, with out sights (bare bow ) I was hitting bullseyes and shooting good groups.
I'de love to have the speed & power of the Bowtech VFT, ( IBO 330+ fps ) but the Razor just felt too good, and it's fast enought ( IBO 310 fps )
I think I'm going back to the Hoyt pro shop tomorrow.

I don't think you will go wrong with any of the hoyt line Anaconda. I have been looking at them myself.
I am just having a hard time getting rid of the old high country, it has taken many a deer and quite a few other animals as well.
I think the only bow out there that could cause me to retire this one is the hoyt line. I have shot the whole line and shot all of them well. So I was very impressed.

Good luck.

The good news is that ALL of the current model bows are going to out perform your old bow. I got a Q2 this spring and it blows my mind how much better it shoots than my 10 year old hoyt. Brands dont matter, its ALL about how it feels to YOU!

But you better hurry and pick, seasons just around the corner!

Now what broadheads are you going with?

I ordered a Razortec today, they said it would be built & shipped on 8-12.
Because of work, I can't start bowhunting until the second weekend of the four week season, 8-23. That should give me a week+ to practic with it.
I got a three pack of "Steelforce" 100 gr four blade, and a six pack of "Rocket" ultimate steel 100 gr. Both shoot well, but I like the "Steelforce" better.

Back