Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Look what @schmalts sent me today

Mine are the mediums and I’m pleased with the fit and look. If I’m not mistaken, the barrel contour on my rifle and your rifle are different. I could be wrong and it sure wouldn’t be the first time. I believe my barrel is a heavier contour than yours. Heavy sporter on mine and regular sporter on yours. I think the lows would be to low for mine. Post up some pics.

I think you are right, its close to the barrel but perfect for me. Any other profile I would have to use mediums. Ill get some pics and post it up here soon.

xbolt hc speed 6.5 creedmoor w leupold vx5hd 3-15x 44 firedot

View attachment 171175View attachment 171176
Sweet set up! I really like those cerakote rings. I’ve got a cheap Savage Axis II in 6.5 and it’s a shooter. I used it to kill a buck here in Kentucky this fall. Shooting the cheap Remington 140 Core Lokt, it broke both front shoulders and the deer was drt. I know a lot seem to hate it, but I have no complaints with the 6.5. Congrats on your setup.

I’m looking at the same scope but I’m torn between the fire dot and windplex. I like the idea of wind adjustment but the firedot seems like a great idea as well.

I’m looking at the same scope but I’m torn between the fire dot and windplex. I like the idea of wind adjustment but the firedot seems like a great idea as well.
This is the first Leupold scope I’ve owned and the first scope I’ve had with any type of illuminated reticle. I’m loving both so far. It’s sweet to see that little red dot at the center of the reticle. If you end up with the firedot I don’t think you’d be disappointed. Good luck choosing. Good problem to have.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back