Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Look what @schmalts sent me today

EKYHunter

I’ve not been on this forum long but I noticed that a lot of folks had nothing but praise for @schmalts. The customer service, the selection, his expertise, and of course his prices. Well I inquired about a Leupold VX5 HD for my new Browning HCS Long Range. He was quick to respond and what the others were saying soon proved to be true. He answered all my questions quickly and his price could not be beat. I ordered a 3x15x44 with the firedot reticle on Sunday and received it via Fed Ex today. Schmalts sent me a tracking link so I was able to follow the shipment. I’ve got to say that I’ve never owned a Leupold before and I’ve used Nikon scopes up to now (Monarch and Pro Staff) but this Leupold blows them out of the water. Needless to say that I am impressed and I love the firedot. I’ve just mounted everything hand tight to check eye relief and to make sure my Talley one piece mounts would work. They are golden and the eye relief is perfect and I’ve even got a little room to spare before the bell would touch the front mount. Can’t wait to mount it properly and get to shooting. If you’re thinking about getting an optic, PLEASE do yourself a favor and contact Schmalts. You’ll be very glad you did. He is the man!!!

Attachments

• AE4AA89B-5C37-4B9A-9326-39B2DDB4C187.jpeg
    AE4AA89B-5C37-4B9A-9326-39B2DDB4C187.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • D1C748FA-B195-4437-82B7-647AB6703F07.jpeg
    D1C748FA-B195-4437-82B7-647AB6703F07.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • B92FDA99-0C94-4A3C-AC23-D3596C5A67F9.jpeg
    B92FDA99-0C94-4A3C-AC23-D3596C5A67F9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Looks great, just got the same scope in the other day and almost the same rifle (xbolt hc speed) what size talley's? I ordered low's hoping it would fit

As I was responding UPS dropped off the rings, Low fits perfectly and looks great.
Mine are the mediums and I’m pleased with the fit and look. If I’m not mistaken, the barrel contour on my rifle and your rifle are different. I could be wrong and it sure wouldn’t be the first time. I believe my barrel is a heavier contour than yours. Heavy sporter on mine and regular sporter on yours. I think the lows would be to low for mine. Post up some pics.

I have the same scope mounted on my Model 70... looks great!
I still need to send in my dial to have it customized.

Couldn’t agree more. I purchased two of those from Schmalts a couple weeks ago. One is for my buddy and I’m sitting here looking at the box now as he has yet to pick it up. Heck I was excited and mounted it on my 7mag the day it arrived. Sweet scope and outstanding service and price.

Just received my Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x 56mm from @schmalts today via Fed Ex also. Awesome glass, waiting for rings and bases that are ordered to mount it on my Weatherby Mark V .300 Wby. magnum. It replaces a Leupold Vari-X 3 3.5-10x 50mm. I sold this mid 1990's scope that I bought new along with some Millett engraved bases on eBay last night for a total of $560! Still have another Vari-X 3 3.5-10x 50mm (silver), a VX-R 3-9x 50mm, and a VX-R 4-12x 50mm, all mounted on magnum rifles. Love my Leupolds! Found out about @schmalts by accident the other night when Googling the difference between the VX-5HD and VX-6HD, and got directed to this site. I quickly contacted @schmalts, and became a member of this site! Happy to be here! As everyone has said, Pat is great guy to deal with, fast shipping, and fantastic prices!
vx5hd1.jpgvx5hd2.jpg

Last edited:
Back