Look Closely......

FLIPPER

This is one of my hunting buddies and a doe he shot during bow season the 1st week of October. Look real close to the left behind the doe and what do you see
BW6.jpg

Guess that one was to small

BW61.jpg

I must have been looking at the doe trying to get friendly with your friend...

Now I see the fawn! thats was shot in OCT? wow was the fawn still alive? did that count as 2 deer on his tag or just 1?

Delw

First of all I thought you were going to shrink down these gigantic pics???

It did not count as 2.
It was full term and weighed in at 6lbs.
The state biologists said it should have been it should have been born 4 to 6 months earlier, and could not explain the time of conception for her to be carrying a fawn this late in the year.

Also he had the doe and fawn mounted life size bedded down and it is beautiful :D

Geez -- I was too distracted by the bow (that model was the hotest thing with a string when I first got into archery) -- but I hardly recognized the fawn... It wasn't dead or somehow deformed or something? Amazing!

Dan

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-19-2002 14:43: Message edited by: DanP ]</font>

Man that is awesome. What an opportunity for a bit of creative taxidermy. He could have mounted it halfway out.. doe giving birth. Or maybe get a coyote in the scene as well.. helping pull on the fawn's legs while the doe is trying to escape.

Perfect for the family room setting.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back