MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Long ways out but not really

EricW15

Alright newbie here but here it goes. I am a 47 year old man that has been out of the hunting game for about 17 years and am wanting to get back into it. I am a meat hunter not really into the horns game but never would pass up an opportunity however I am looking at buying a pp for wyoming this year and applying for a type 4 or type 5 tag if it is still available for 2025. I have a few units picked out that I am trying to e scout well in advance and was trying to gain a little intell on. 1 is unit 100 type 5, my questions are do the roads there become so impassable in nov/Dec that it becomes so that you can't travel to certain areas or is it just the 2 track roads that become that way? I have noticed there are a few maybe county roads ie tri territory road, does it become unpassable? The other is unit 31, same questions as above minus the tri territory road, I understand that being a new guy can be difficult, but am prepared for whatever is thrown this way. Happy hunting. And thank you for any info

On a year without tags, drive out, scout, and try your gear. Cty Roads can be good, or slick and washed out, impossible to tell until you get there. Walking beats paying to get pulled out. Be safe and see you in WY

On a year without tags, drive out, scout, and try your gear. Cty Roads can be good, or slick and washed out, impossible to tell until you get there. Walking beats paying to get pulled out. Be safe and see you in WY
Awesome thank you for the information

in unit 100, most all roads should be passable, save a large storm. There are enough guys chekcing some oil rigs along that triterritory road that they get travelled. Roads in 100 turn to crap when they are wet and just sticky gumbo. So beware of fresh rains or thaws more than anything. Obviously, a Wyoming winter can bring anything, but you should be fine on most of the "county" roads and just use common sense on the two tracks and stop before you get stuck or use a SXS or ATV on those

in unit 100, most all roads should be passable, save a large storm. There are enough guys chekcing some oil rigs along that triterritory road that they get travelled. Roads in 100 turn to crap when they are wet and just sticky gumbo. So beware of fresh rains or thaws more than anything. Obviously, a Wyoming winter can bring anything, but you should be fine on most of the "county" roads and just use common sense on the two tracks and stop before you get stuck or use a SXS or ATV on those
Super appreciate that info thank you very much.

Why use points and $ on a 4/5 tag, just pick up a reduced cow tsg in leftover draw and go this year. Dont over think it...

Why use points and $ on a 4/5 tag, just pick up a reduced cow tsg in leftover draw and go this year. Dont over think it...
I looked into it but seems to be a checkerboard of private/blm. I would rather have the option of a huge chunk off public land, as opposed to having to seek permission from landowners. Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back