Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Long time Hunttalker looking for your honey-hole.

Knight.54

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic
Hey guys, I studied up on the odds and threw my Colorado deer points at the wall and this is what stuck…

I didnt really think I would, but I drew a 4th season buck tag in unit 4.
I’ve driven through the area once, kinda understand the lay of the land and the areas I need to be concentrating…
I’m gonna base out of Hayden.

looking for anybody with actual local hunting knowledge to give me any ideas about things to know about this hunt…

I think I have a grasp of the obvious so I’m looking for any other useful tidbits about access, what should I avoid this late and if there is any private access that can be gained without giving up my arm or any other limbs…

I’m open for messages…would appreciate any region specific info anybody wants to share….

Just depends on the snow. If there is a lot, the deer might be in 3/301. Maybe you'll get lucky an Oak will chime in, he grew up in Hayden

Hey guys, I studied up on the odds and threw my Colorado deer points at the wall and this is what stuck…

I didnt really think I would, but I drew a 4th season buck tag in unit 4.
I’ve driven through the area once, kinda understand the lay of the land and the areas I need to be concentrating…
I’m gonna base out of Hayden.

looking for anybody with actual local hunting knowledge to give me any ideas about things to know about this hunt…

I think I have a grasp of the obvious so I’m looking for any other useful tidbits about access, what should I avoid this late and if there is any private access that can be gained without giving up my arm or any other limbs…

I’m open for messages…would appreciate any region specific info anybody wants to share….
Sent a pm.

You should expect a 140ish buck. Lots of elk hunters not willing to leave the truck. Look at maps start at 7,800 feet in elevation and work down in elevation until you find deer. Lots of snow will have majority of deer out of reach on the lower private but if you look on the map 4 has about 3 areas where you can hike in and access to get away from the roads and others. At least 4 areas that will hold deer that late.
Again you will be lucky to see anything over 150. If you see a 170 you better shoot!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back