MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Long time coyote caller!

outlaw from Idaho

Been calling coyote for over thirty years,have taken hundreds with rifle a few with a handgun and a few with a bow. Two with rocks. My best day of calling, called 13 and took 8 with a rifle. That was in the old days sold those 8 for $400. The best money I ever got for one coyote hide was a $100. doller bill.

This past weekend in southern Idaho I made 8 or 9 stands and turned 11 coyotes but took only 3 with a rifle. Will be after it some this month and next before going up to Washington for the winter. Outlaw

Outlaw,
Glad to see you back at Huntalk! I've been following your stories and tips for years over at Huntseek. Is it true that you need a big game tag to hunt coyotes during the big game season in Idaho?
Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-12-2003 19:14: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Thanks Doug and Danny. Yes you have to have a Idaho hunting Lic to hunt coyotes during the big game season. They have a non game Lic that runs from Jan 1st thru Aug 28th for non game,like coyotes,Rock Chucks and Jack Rabbits and such.Outlaw

Outlaw,
we need to hook up and do a little huntin, I'm in the Boise area you can call me on my cell at 208 841-5554.... always enjoy huntin with someone who knows what the hell they are doin.

smote the yote
sly

Thanks everyone. Slydog,I'll have to take a rain check on that coyote hunt but will get back to you about it latter. Sorry but I'm on the road again . I'am over in the Dalles Oregon and then up to Washington and then back to Oregon and then up and over to Montana for a while. I'll be checking in with my lap top PC from time to time. Thanks Outlaw.

Outlaw,
You have my number, just call ahead of time and let me know. We will shair some burnt powder and a cup of coffee.

sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back