Long term hunting/fishing buddy

Hunter13-0

I just moved to wyoming and have been hunting and fishing mostly in Oregon and am new to Wyoming. I usually hunt solo but have been thinking i would give it a try hunting with someone else. The same thing goes with fishing. I have a few tags to fill this year for whitetail and antelope.

I don't have a certain unit in mind yet im still looking through some stuff
We are doing a bow/rifle hunt in the area east of Saratoga next year. Not the greatest trophy area in my opinion but then I am a meat hunter and primarily hunt cows. We can always talk if you decide you are interested in joining a group. We are trying to build our hunting group up to about 6 or so hunters. Everyone takes turn picking areas to hunt for the next year.

We are doing a bow/rifle hunt in the area east of Saratoga next year. Not the greatest trophy area in my opinion but then I am a meat hunter and primarily hunt cows. We can always talk if you decide you are interested in joining a group. We are trying to build our hunting group up to about 6 or so hunters. Everyone takes turn picking areas to hunt for the next year.
oh ok that's cool I worked in rawlings for a couple years so I know some of that area of Wyoming

Lol mainly becuase I have a family and two little girls. One is 2 and the other just turn 9 months. My wife and I planned this out to move to Wyoming so I could watch after the girls and not deal with a serial killer baby sitters lol. I have been exploring wyoming with my girls and when i have a weekend free I pack in to see if I can find a honey whole.

I used to have a hunting partner that lived in Rozet. I hunted some oil and gas lease we had permissions for in 129 along with some trust land. Got pretty sick and had to go home earlier than planned and never made it back.
Sorry to hear that you got sick that's never fun. I actually live in rozet and saw a nice buck the other day.

Attachments

• 20200721_203207.jpg
    20200721_203207.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 4
I must of seen close to a hundred does on the way to his house once I passed Gillette. Saw a nice buck while we were hunting but it was archery and I could not get close enough. If it were rifle I would of had him at 150 yards or so. Out of range for me then. I was using a cross bow because of limited mobility in my shoulders still. Mainly range of motion issues.

I must of seen close to a hundred does on the way to his house once I passed Gillette. Saw a nice buck while we were hunting but it was archery and I could not get close enough. If it were rifle I would of had him at 150 yards or so. Out of range for me then. I was using a cross bow because of limited mobility in my shoulders still. Mainly range of motion issues.
There are alot of deer and antelope around here just most of it is private. That picture was about 200 yards

There are alot of deer and antelope around here just most of it is private. That picture was about 200 yards
Cool. Yup it was private on the way into Rozet after I turn off 90 headed into Rozet. If I didn't get sick, I think I would have tagged out as many as I saw on way in to the area. I got sick on some rare antelope backstrap that was in a cooler with just one frozen jug of water to keep it cold. Got too warm and spoiled rather quickly. Close to 90 that day. For antelope I wanna get one of them decoys that Randy uses in one of his shows. I watched my buddy get within 10 yards of a bedded buck and shoot it before the buck could even get up with a bow. If I didn't see that I would never believe anyone could do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Debbry64
Back