Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Long Skis value

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18333

My son is working with a maintenance crew for the summer and yesterday while staining a deck, one of the clients, an older man, gave him a pair of old Dynastar G9 203 cm skis. Unused, no holes, pristine condition. I figured they were worthless. He said he thinks he can get several hundred for them. Looking at a couple websites, I think he might be right. Since I know there are a few skiing fans on this site I figured I ask if anyone here knows anything about the value and if there is a preferred website to sell them?
skis.jpg

My son is working with a maintenance crew for the summer and yesterday while staining a deck, one of the clients, an older man, gave him a pair of old Dynastar G9 203 cm skis. Unused, no holes, pristine condition. I figured they were worthless. He said he thinks he can get several hundred for them. Looking at a couple websites, I think he might be right. Since I know there are a few skiing fans on this site I figured I ask if anyone here knows anything about the value and if there is a preferred website to sell them?
View attachment 227307
If nothing else some young trust funder up in JH will buy them for an 80's ski party at his dad's 4,000 square foot "condo"

If nothing else some young trust funder up in JH will buy them for an 80's ski party at his dad's 4,000 square foot "condo"
it's called Gaper day and it's Fabulous!

mph8crO.gif

Typically blank skis hold there value for a couple of model years then aren't worth all that much after that, there are some iconic models that people want for nostalgia that might go for some decent money.

Personally I'd buy the K2 Comps from the Wayne Wong poster, Head Mad Trix, Salomon 1080s, Rossi Scratches. New in the plastic... maybe $150 for any of those... probably way more than I should publicly admit for the K2 Comps.
1656024016985.png

My best guess is maybe $50 but if you can find a couple of folks who really want that model for some personal reason maybe more.

I bet they'd sit on ebay forever though...

I have thrown away more skis than I have sold. I hope your son is correct...but I am not your buyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back