Yeti GOBOX Collection

Load development, should I go higher?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I guess it depends on the ambient temperate and the actual temperature of the barrel, rather than time waited between shots. The time you waited may have been sufficient, but I would try more time between each shot, keeping all other things the same, just to rule out temperature.

I read somewhere recently that the initial break in of a barrel can affect the barrel's later performance when it heats up. Unfortunately, if you are shooting a pre-64, and if that is the issue, I guess it was determined a long time ago. The good thing is it's the first shot that matters the most, right?

You're doing better than I ever did with Superformance. I have about 6 pounds left of it and have all but given up on it for anything other than the 22-250.

Will have to try some magnum primers and see if that helps. Nice work!

I guess it depends on the ambient temperate and the actual temperature of the barrel, rather than time waited between shots. The time you waited may have been sufficient, but I would try more time between each shot, keeping all other things the same, just to rule out temperature.

I read somewhere recently that the initial break in of a barrel can affect the barrel's later performance when it heats up. Unfortunately, if you are shooting a pre-64, and if that is the issue, I guess it was determined a long time ago. The good thing is it's the first shot that matters the most, right?

Yep, I remind myself that I rarely shoot more than one shot.

This is an original condition pre 64. It hasn't had the barrel floated and has not been bedded. I may bed it down the road, but for now we're good.

I wondered if the quirks of load 1 had to do with the pressure point on the barrel, and the thin contour barrel itself. Seems odd that shots 1 and 2 touch, and shots 3, 4, and 5 are 3/4" away and all touch.

Yeah, I'm not sure I would even mess with it at all. Guns like that are hard to come by. Unless you are shooting prairie dogs, it sounds like you are good to go.

JLS, I understand the 1" thing. But, at .9 or 1 ", according to the math, you are minute of kill zone for a long way. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back