Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lever Monday...post em up

The advice I got from a good friend was to not get them “youth” rifles for this instance. They’ll have the rifles for many many years after neeeding a downsized gun.

So I also need to find a youth .22 to get the ball rolling.
I have three Ithaca M49 Single shots in the safe. It was one for each son. The oldest pawned his. (It was factory maple furniture. :rolleyes:)
That took me down to two. Bought the fourth one for Miss T and back to the magic number.

These things are dirt cheap at a gun show. Easier to operate than a Red Ryder BB Gun. All built before serial numbers were required on .22's

Not my image, but you get the idea.

1683152296700.png

That's my Holy Grail right there. XLR with extended Mag tube, big loop lever. Slicked up like hot butter. Put a VX-6HD 1-6x24 on it and BooYah!
Now if I could a second one in .348 Winchester....
Jump to 06:17 for the fun part.

Last edited:
I have three Ithaca M49 Single shots in the safe. It was one for each son. The oldest pawned his. (It was factory maple furniture. :rolleyes:)
That took me down to two. Bought the fourth one for Miss T and back to the magic number.

These things are dirt cheap at a gun show. Easier to operate than a Red Ryder BB Gun. All built before serial numbers were required on .22's

Not my image, but you get the idea.

View attachment 274562
Those are cool little guns.

I open one up pretty often. Don't see a problem. The only thing I don't like about them is the fat forearms, but that is easily fixed.
Seems to me like the 52-56 years were pretty rough inside. Not all of them but a lot.
It really speaks to the design because they still run super smoothly.

Last edited:
Rip approved. Wandered through Scheels last week and immediately separated them from the two Marlins they were lucky enough to get in. Normally they don’t hit the sales floor, so now Ross and I are the lucky ones!

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
Back