Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold warranty/service

Txbluelacy

My old faithful Vari-X IIc 4-12x40 AO quit working the last time I went to the range. It has been mounted on my 300 Weatherby and has never given me a problem. I was shooting to check my zero, and the magnification quit working. I filled out the warranty form and sent the scope in today. I noted that if possible, I’d really like the scope to be repaired, but I’m concerned Leupold won’t even bother with such an old scope. Does anyone have experience with Leupold’s gold ring warranty recently? Do you think they’ll try to fix it, or will they likely send a replacement instead?

My old faithful Vari-X IIc 4-12x40 AO quit working the last time I went to the range. It has been mounted on my 300 Weatherby and has never given me a problem. I was shooting to check my zero, and the magnification quit working. I filled out the warranty form and sent the scope in today. I noted that if possible, I’d really like the scope to be repaired, but I’m concerned Leupold won’t even bother with such an old scope. Does anyone have experience with Leupold’s gold ring warranty recently? Do you think they’ll try to fix it, or will they likely send a replacement instead?
If they replace it I doubt you'll be disappointed if they cant replace it with exact model they usually upgrade you a little. This was my experience anyway.

I sent in an older Leupold scope my brother gave me, as he couldn't get it to zero on his rifle. I was HOPING they'd just replace it with a brand new one, but alas they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I mounted it on my rifle and have never had any issues. Apparently my brother can't shoot.

Back