Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold VX5HD

Seamaster

I like the VX6 and it has been very good to me, but the VX5 has caught my eye lately. If anyone here has one I would appreciate your opinion of the CDS ZL on the new scopes. The VX5 is considerably less expensive than the VX6 and I am thinking about trying one in 3 - 15X for my wife's 25-06 pronghorn rifle. She wisely would not shoot at unwounded game at long range so the CDS would get very limited use. but it is nice to have on the range.

VX5 3-15 with the CDS ZL sitting on my 6.5-284, next scope will be another VX5. Outstanding scope.

Mine have been acquired from schamlts on this forum, great prices, great service.

My wife has a 5, love it. I'm jealous actually. I've never owned a 6 so I can't really compare.

I have a Vortex razor on my .308. I put a vx-5hd 3-15x44 on my 30-06 with the fire dot duplex reticle. I will say that my next gun is getting a VX-5Hd over the Vortex. Easy decision. I haven’t looked through a VX-6 so I can’t compare but that VX5 is awesome.

One of my favorite hunting scopes. Just ordered another vx5hd 3-15x44 with windplex to go on a lightweight 308 or 7mm-08

I have two VX 5's and love them. I have used the CDS on my 270 WSM and it works great.

I have a 3-15x44 and love it. Sighted in at 100 dialed to 500 in 100yd increments and back to 100 and it worked well. Couldn’t be happier with the scope. Can’t compare the glass, it’s the first piece of “good glass”.

I have the Vx-3, vx-5, VZ-6. My favorite is the VZ-5. My zoom on the 6 turns really hard. Also the 5 has a lock button on it so the dial won’t turn on it’s own which I had happen to me once before but luckily I saw it before I had to shoot. The zoom is smooth.

I just bought a VX5HD 3-15x44 last night to put on my xbolt 30-06. Looking forward to sighting it in.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back