Caribou Gear Tarp

leupold vx3i CDS-ZL !

riley

scheels has a exclusive leopold scope for now ....looks like a vx3i with turret lock..$650. i kinda like the idea . what's everyone else think?
and why would leopold make them a scheels exclusive ? maybe a test run to see if their is enough demand to make them mainstream?

Pretty much most of all the best selling VX-3i CDS will be in ZL. And to boot, some of the VX-Freedom will get Firedot. I do not think the glass itself will change in the VX3 though but I could be wrong but by looking at prices I doubt it. I am not seeing any new VX-R and current models are no longer on my suppliers sight telling me the VX-R line may possibly be gone. I am not headed to the SHOT show this year to get first hand info but they are already showing up on my suppliers website and a few are already in stock. This is the reason some of the big stores were blowing them out, they were sitting on pile of soon to be discontinued product.

Last edited:
I called the custom shop to have them build one in Dec. They told me to wait till the first of the year and check the product line again. I’m glad to see they did this, I will be buying a new one.

Pretty much most of all the best selling VX-3i CDS will be in ZL. And to boot, some of the VX-Freedom will get Firedot. I do not think the glass itself will change in the VX3 though but I could be wrong but by looking at prices I doubt it. I am not seeing any new VX-R and current models are no longer on my suppliers sight telling me the VX-R line may possibly be gone. I am not headed to the SHOT show this year to get first hand info but they are already showing up on my suppliers website and a few are already in stock. This is the reason some of the big stores were blowing them out, they were sitting on pile of soon to be discontinued product.
I just listened to a podcast with some of their marketing guys talking about the new products for 2020. According to them the VX freedom line is going to be the replacement for everything in the VX1, VX2 and VXR lines.

Hope they get their tracking and rtz issues figured out on the VX3i line as it would be a great lightweight dialing option.

Would this scope be a good choice to put on a .270 win for out to 500 yards? What are the prices running nowadays on this?

Would this scope be a good choice to put on a .270 win for out to 500 yards? What are the prices running nowadays on this?
I’m getting a 3.5-10x40 put on my 30-06 this week. Emailed Leupold and it seems like I will be able to get at least 650 yards on a cds dial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back