Leupold VX Freedom 4-12X40

std7mag

So, has anyone tried the new VX Freedom yet? Or am i gonna be first to review?

Got a good bit of overtime this week, goona treat myself to a new scope to go on the recently purchased Ruger 77 MKII in 280 Rem.

I bought one a couple weeks ago. I’ve had VX2, VX3, and VX6. I really liked all of them and the fit and finish was great. So with this VX freedom ultimate slam I expected the same. As far as glass I feel that is on par with a older VX2 or 3, and is very good for the price point. As far as the finish it’s not as nice as my VX2 was. It has a texture to the paint that feels like it needs to be wet sanded and clear coated. I feel it will hold up but time will tell with use and cleaning. The dials are clunky and not that smooth but well label to be user friendly.

All in all it is a good entry level scope. I think you may want a little better for that Ruger. I would try and find a used or leftover standard VX3 from when they made the switch to the VX3i.

By the way for anyone shooting a .450 Bushmaster, the ultimate slam reticle matches up almost perfect to 100, 200, & 250 Yards. When using Hornady 250 FTX and 38g lilgun.

I don't know about the "ultimate slam".
I was looking at the Tri-moa reticle.
I know this is an "entry level" Leupold. Alas at this price point it is not entry level to me.
It's a toss up between the Leupold, or the 3-16X42 Sightron S-TAC.
I was looking towards the Leupold, because, well it's a Leupold. That and i think the lines (aka low turret caps) better match the rifle.

Don't get me wrong, i really like my Sightrons, and i'm planning on putting the S-TAC on my Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag.

Well, the wife put a halt on a new scope purchase.
She may not know makes or models of rifles or scopes, but dang it she can count!!
She noticed that there was one more rifle in the rack. (Really need to get a safe, that she can't see into).
Told her yeah. Was getting ready to buy a new scope for it.
She pointed to one i had laying on the shelf and asked what's the matter with that one??
Problem solved in her mind.

I feel your pain, luckily my LGS has 90 day layaway and the wife doesn't miss $30 or $40 at a time

If a new gun makes it into the safe without the wife seeing it first, was it ever really a new gun? ��

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back