Leupold VX 3i

PlusFive

I just mounted a new vx 3i to my 7 mm remy and sighted it in. I noticed when on high powers 7 through 10 the scope was a little fuzzy especially on the bright colors of the target. The vx3i is clearly brighter than my Nikons but not as crisp at high power. Any ideas if I am missing an adjustment on the scope or is this a warranty issue?

Easy way is to point the rifle at a solid background, (like the sky) and adjust the eyepiece till the crosshairs are sharp to your eyes. mtmuley

The crosshairs are nice and crisp. It is the target. It seems to only be an issue with the bright oranges and yellows of the target. I am going to wait until the rain stops and take it put again to see if it was maybe just the lighting and bright colors. I will play with eye piece too. I figured that was just for eye relief. Thank you!

If you have the side focus/parallax adjustment on your scope that could be your problem. You might need to adjust that at the higher powers to get a sharper picture of the target.

The crosshairs are nice and crisp. It is the target. It seems to only be an issue with the bright oranges and yellows of the target. I am going to wait until the rain stops and take it put again to see if it was maybe just the lighting and bright colors. I will play with eye piece too. I figured that was just for eye relief. Thank you!

Probably worth giving warranty service a call just to see what they say.

I just got a VX3i 4.5-14 x50 with my new Nosler I just got. Had some issues sighting in which was no fault of the scope but the fact that I had custom turrets made for my round and somewhere between Leupold, Nosler, and me, I didn't have the MOA turrets to sight in. After getting really frustrated and wasting a box of ammo and went to Leupold where they zeroed my scope, made me MOA turrets and explained how the Custom turrets work ( my first set). I went back tot he range and sighted my gun in and had it shooting 1/2" 2 shot groups and took only 8 to get it exactly where I wanted it. As many have said in the past Leupold service s the best. I have 7 scopes of theirs in various configurations and will never own a different brand. My go to gun is my Remington 700 SPS 300WM that is 15 years old has a VX2 3-9x50 scope. It has at least a dozen airplane rides, gun been dropped, snowed and rained on, bounced all over the front of my quad and I have never lost zero.

I like the new scope, bright, good eye relief and easy dials

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back