leupold vx 3hd zero range

220yotekiller

hey guys l bought a leupld vx 3hd, l built a good load for my rifle so l am getting ready to get a cds turret made for it. what range does leupold recommend zeroing their scopes at for the cds turret to work...

If it a scope that I intend to dial for distance it will be zeroed at 100 yards, and then dial for distance. On most hunting scopes that will not be dialed I set zero at whatever distance keeps me on the target area the furthest ("max point blank range"). Usually that works out to be somewhere around 250 yards.

I think Leupold recommends zeroing at 100 or 200. Really depends on what you prefer. I have mine zeroed at 200.

I have VX 3i CDS turret scopes on 5 of my hunting rifles. I've only had Leupold cut a custom turret for the one on my .300 weatherby. The ballistic info that I sent them for the turret was zeroed at 100 yds and the field verified bullet drop at 200, 300, and 430 yards.

The turret that they sent me back has a zero stop at 200 yds which prints 2" high at 100 yds, and right on at 200. The turret settings at 300 and 430 yards are center of the target at those ranges.

The longest shot that I've taken on an animal with this setup was a Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan. I laser ranged him at 327 yards, set the turret at 330, and the bullet hit exactly where I aimed.

Back