Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leupold SX4 vs Athlon Ares vs Maven CS1

MThuntr

Ok smart guys I've been tasked by a friend to get the scoop on these spotters...he gets LEO discounts so he can get better pricing. I know basically nothing of spotters in this price range except it's generally accepted to save more $ and buy a better one. He specifically asked how these three scope compare in the 15-45x range since they could still be packable.

Leupold SX4 15-45
Athlon Ares 15-45
Maven CS1 15-45

To me the Athlon and the Maven look to be nearly identical.

That's what I was thinking...there may be a few others out there that are the same too.

Schaaf any suggestions to add to his list in this class?
I really don’t have anything to add to that. Those seem to be about the best value you can get for 500ish.

Looks like he pulled the on the Cabelas Krotos (rebadged Athlon Ares). They are 50% today with an extra 10% off using Cabelas card and another 9% rebate from Active Junky. Good thing I asked about other spotters. :rolleyes:

I know that I'm watching the Black Friday sales from some discounts on higher end spotters.

@Mthuntr New to the forum - just seeing this.

I was looking pretty heavy at the Krotos until I called Cabelas about their warranty....basically there is no warranty. Hopefully your buddy takes good care of it! Other than the warranty I have heard they are great.

Back