Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leupold Service

David58

Bought a Leupold 4X scope from someone here on this board. Mounted it on my Savage 99 to replace the failed Weaver (chipped optics). Seemed to be wonderful, until the third shot when the reticle broke. Oh well. Sent it to Leupold for repair, not possible. So, on the way to me is a VX-Freedom 2-7X33. Should be nice and unobtrusive on the old 99, though a bit new looking (can't have everything). I think this is a pretty fair trade, and even though the turnaround took longer than I would have preferred, Leupold certainly stands by their product.

I wish I'd been buying Leupold decades ago, but one of the reasons I hunted muzzleloader was I couldn't afford the rifle with good glass. If I like this as much as I think I will, might have to up and buy one for my old 336 that has a busted scope.

David
NM

Bought a Leupold 4X scope from someone here on this board. Mounted it on my Savage 99 to replace the failed Weaver (chipped optics). Seemed to be wonderful, until the third shot when the reticle broke. Oh well. Sent it to Leupold for repair, not possible. So, on the way to me is a VX-Freedom 2-7X33. Should be nice and unobtrusive on the old 99, though a bit new looking (can't have everything). I think this is a pretty fair trade, and even though the turnaround took longer than I would have preferred, Leupold certainly stands by their product.

I wish I'd been buying Leupold decades ago, but one of the reasons I hunted muzzleloader was I couldn't afford the rifle with good glass. If I like this as much as I think I will, might have to up and buy one for my old 336 that has a busted scope.

David
NM
Do you have a bolt rifle?

It's nice to hear about the good Leupold service. Although I have 8 Leupold scopes, and have never needed to use their service. I guess that is a good thing!

Leupold stands behind their product.

I wish they would re-open the Custom Shop services. I've a couple scopes that need M1 elevation turrets.

Had nothing but great service every time I've needed it. I just reached out to them about installing a new reticle in a scope and found out the custom shop is closed. Man what a bummer!

2.5x7 is in my estimation a great hunting scope, that balances well on most rifles. Think I have five of them, all vx2. A couple near 50 years old. None have been to the shop. You'll be happy.

2.5x7 is in my estimation a great hunting scope, that balances well on most rifles. Think I have five of them, all vx2. A couple near 50 years old. None have been to the shop. You'll be happy.
I have a Leupold 2-7 VX-II on my Rem. 7 mag that has never been taken off or needed service since I put it there in 1980. (y)

It is good to hear of great service. I am looking at Leupold and Vortex for a new spotting scope. I like the Leupold scope better, but was concerned about the warranty service.

Last edited:
I ordered my CDS dials from Leupold a week and a half ago and was told they'd be ready in 4-6 weeks. They shipped out today. Under promise, over deliver. They guy building our house could learn a thing or two..... Leupold for the win!

I have used Leupold’s warranty one time despite owning lot and lots of their products over the years. Their CS was fantastic.

David
NM
For old stuff sent in, I wonder if they discard/recycle them or use them for parts.

Back